Did I chose the right light?

• Thread starter Slickrick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Slickrick

When I was buying my kit, i was asking the man at the shop about LED lights and he said not to bother as he reckoned they were just overpriced disco lights, and if I wanted latest technology to go for digital ballast so I bought a 250w digi with the full range of Sun Pulse bulbs.
Four bulbs it total for all four stages of grow cycle, seedling veg bloom and crystal production

Did i chose the right light
ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I dnt know bro I deff am interested in how this turns out I would if just went with a mh and a hps and honestly I'm seeming that hps is dominating the mh in vegg like te last run I did I stated the seedlings out under a 600 watt lumatek hps and let them go under that unit I switched them to flower in my 4k room all 100 watt lumatek bulbs hose bulbs rock I do have a bunch of the ushio super mh bulbs but I really think you get a high performance out if the hps bulbs so I dnt know if I'm gonna use mh in the future witch sux because I gave like 5 brand new in the box super mh bulbs but this could work really good for you can't Waite to see how it works out I'm one that dosent really BELIVE in the spectrum I BELIVE in light intensity IE more lumens and hps dominates in that category hope it works out for ya bro stay up peace

I

ibTheMan

My friends own ah grow shop and they Swear by those Sunpulse bulbs, the new thing is to run the Sunpulse spliter on a 1000w Magnetic ballast and it runs 2 600w Sunpulse bulbs.

Only thing is with your set up is that 250w at enough, but for maybe 1 or 2 small plants that will yield low.

S

Slickrick

Hope you're wrong Man
I've seen growers pull 9oz from 250w hps, and these bulbs are supposed to work best with digital ballasts.
Or am I just another sucker who falls for loads of hype :doh

J

johndeere

I dont know man , it does look a bit chumpy but to each his own. In the future before purchasing any more of those bulbs , something to keep in mind is that supplementation with cfl is perfect for seedling thru 3rd week of flower,and UVB is perfect to boost crystal production. The obvious perk to having these over the multi bulb set is that an hps will take care of everything else between,and these can be used elswhere by themselves at different times or in conjuction. On a side note donte let anyone tell you you cant grow some decent weight with 250 watts, plenty of peeps do a LB under 600 so you do the math. Good Luck

T

treehugger

My friends own ah grow shop and they Swear by those Sunpulse bulbs, the new thing is to run the Sunpulse spliter on a 1000w Magnetic ballast and it runs 2 600w Sunpulse bulbs.

Oh yes, grow shops love having hype to sell, especially if (as in this case) it allows you to sell a rube 4 MH bulbs instead of 1 HPS bulb. Folks, grow shops want to sell, sell, sell (at twice retail!), you don't have to buy, buy, buy, buy (in this case...)

Show me the pro setups that run on 50 mh bulbs?

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

you only need the 1 HPS bulb to get goin. I ran MH in veg and HPS and when running the HPS the plants grew faster so thats all i use except for flourescents to pre veg. id return those extra bulbs and get some more usefull gear.

coloradochem

coloradochem

Oh yes, grow shops love having hype to sell, especially if (as in this case) it allows you to sell a rube 4 MH bulbs instead of 1 HPS bulb. Folks, grow shops want to sell, sell, sell (at twice retail!), you don't have to buy, buy, buy, buy (in this case...)

Show me the pro setups that run on 50 mh bulbs?

Have to agree here, but it dosent matter really you have enough mh bulbs to last several grows, go get you some more hps and your set for a cple years.
As for the low wattage light, I cut my teeth on two 75 watt hps's. For many years i used those lights " i found on a const site". the yeild may be lower but the quality is the same most of the time. as long as the "grower gives a fuck" itll be good. so have fun and learn alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:harvest::harvest::harvest::harvest::harvest:

S

Slickrick

Oh well, I got them now so we will just have to wait and see what the result will be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom