Did I Fim The Fim?

• Thread starter kbellfoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I think I didn't FIM my plants correctly. How will I know iv done it right and when? I don't wanna waste time waiting only to have to do it again. I took off what I thought was 80% of the top growth bud but as it's grown there's no change just 2 short leaves lol. When will I see the colas coming if I dud it right? Thanks

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

U need to feel down on the top and find the hard nub and remove from there up . The leaves should look really fucked up once they grow . A pick would help but as you need to feel where it is rather than taking a percentage . Just let the new top grow and do again if you don't get desired result . When you say cola r u in flower ?

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Thanks guys gonna try again today then. I just wanted to make sure before I went at it again

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

No not in flower. They were 5 nodes high at the time and about 14 days old. Now 6 nodes high.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

This little illustration always helps me when i feel lost up there!

2015 07 13 07 34 36  413228059

soserthc1

soserthc1

If you have to deformed flowers growing you missed its no big deal happens a % of the time. I personally like to fimm pretty low down so if you don't get the fimm you at least topped the plant

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Haha ty btc

Honestly if your just beginning, be patient. Experiment. I still haven't gotten into fimming. I top and stress the branches down. All of my plants have between 6-10 tops, i did this just by evening out my canopy. Bending over branches... Etc. Look up super cropping on YouTube, might help.

Experiment. Be patient. You'll get the hang of it

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Thanks guys. Iv done a few training methods just to experiment and learn. Iv fim topped and mainlined.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Thanks guys. Iv done a few training methods just to experiment and learn. Iv fim topped and mainlined.

Im on my very first grow right now, total beginner. Im about to go into flower. I just bent and broke all the arms about 2 days ago, and lollipopped them so they look a little thin and beat up right now. I've never really trained plants before these, i noticed a lack of growth upwards after you bend and break the arms. She takes time to recover. This will be the third time ive topped trained and bent these girls around. But this is what my little garden looks like right now.

20150713 092351

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

It's looking fab in there. Can't wait till mine are ready to flip. Looks like your doing a great job. What strains you growing? I'm about to order another tent to expand. Iv got the grow bug I think lol

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

It's looking fab in there. Can't wait till mine are ready to flip. Looks like your doing a great job. What strains you growing? I'm about to order another tent to expand. Iv got the grow bug I think lol

Thanks man, ive been doing my best. It looks like a solid start my dude.

Those are three ghost og's
One chemdogg
And the little one in the middle is super lemon haze

Really hyped on them.
Keep growin man, i dig the learning process. Keeps me and my girls happy

Pce

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

When you say cola r u in flower ?

No not in flower. They were 5 nodes high at the time and about 14 days old. Now 6 nodes high.

I think the confusion was you used the term "cola" which means your top big bud on the plant. I think what you call the top bud sites where youll get your 2 or 3 or 4 colas are called "tops" while your in veg, and cola when it turns into the bud. Thats what i call them anyway. Anyone back me up or correct me on this one?

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Your probably right lol. I should say top then. Learning the lingo is harder than growing ffs lmfao. I'm a dudette not a dude btw :)

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Your probably right lol. I should say top then. Learning the lingo is harder than growing ffs lmfao. I'm a dudette not a dude btw :)

I wouldnt be such a stickler about it if it werent so crucial to the learning process. Like i said, tops are just what i call them. I dont know how right THAT bit of info is but As soon as your flowering, every top bud site will be considered a cola.

Keep growin, chica

Top Bottom