Did I fuck up?

• Thread starter 10oz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
10oz

10oz

What’s up guys? I’m a first time grower and I really need some input. I’m growing platinum OG as a first time grower and Im on week 3 and I believe I just fucked up. Maybe not that bad because she hasn’t shriveled up and died on me. I transferred her from a solo cup into a 5 gallon grow bag and in the process damaged a leaf. Can I just cut it off? Also what is she trying to tell me from her tips also being yellow.
1492A7EE-85E7-4268-9769-AE14C50C6200.jpeg
ABDED6A2-6324-49E6-8A3C-7DCFD2F284A5.jpeg
ABDED6A2-6324-49E6-8A3C-7DCFD2F284A5.jpeg

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
New soil is HOT. Will burn your transplants if you are stingy on the water-in step.

Kinda obvious. just sayin.

10oz

10oz

Oh man , you fucked up ....torn leaf = instant death in most cannabis strains , which one do you have , oh platinum og .......your ok don't worry
Yea man I was told if I wanted to start off growing to try an easier strain. So here we are! She’s hasn’t stopped growing, so should I just leave her as is?

I’m using
48x24x60 Tent
Fox farm happy frog soil
1000W LED
Ph stays around 6
76B32A87 A92A 445E A70E 7A38CE54E006

Last edited:
lipifarmer

lipifarmer

Just like dire wolf said... she will do just fine, you have nothing to worry about , just take good care of her and with every next watering make sure , you water all the soil, not only around the plant. .

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Yea man I was told if I wanted to start off growing to try an easier strain. So here we are! She’s hasn’t stopped growing, so should I just leave her as is?

I’m using
48x24x60 Tent
Fox farm happy frog soil
1000W LED
Ph stays around 6

You're at the lower side of the PH. If it works for you cool. I prefer to stay right in the middle of everything lol. The torn leave? No big deal. It happens. You can cut them off to their first node and they'll jump right back up.

Great choice with the soil imo. A lot of water growers warn about this and that, but remember... the weed originated in... dirt, not water. It's built for it. Here's a couple examples for you to check out:

Pic 1 is a white widow clone. She and her next door buddy cut from the momma, in a small cup of water instantly, then to rooting hormone, then to the dirt. Root structure is obviously formed and she's blasting off. This one will be kept intact. The bottom small nodes will be grown out for... more clones. The larger nodes will be LST to branch straight out so the side shoots grow straight up in into tight nugs instead of branch huggers. I'm a fan of fat massive single colas, so this one's growth shoot stays on.

Pic 2 is a white widow clone that is topped. Same deal. First node only will be left intact. LST to make them grow straight out from the plant. Then this one's growth shoots off of the two branches will be cut away to double each. What usually ends up happening is a momma like that can stay really small but product 16 clones per month. That's easily doubled by once again cutting the tips off of each growth shoot. The smaller growth shoots will be allowed to go until they can be easily cloned.

Pic 3 is the top of the white widow clone in Pic 2. It's well started (1 week) in the dirt and doing the deal.

Sometimes you have to work REALLY hard to kill these suckers :)

GD2c
GD2b
GD2a
mk23tas

mk23tas

What’s up guys? I’m a first time grower and I really need some input. I’m growing platinum OG as a first time grower and Im on week 3 and I believe I just fucked up. Maybe not that bad because she hasn’t shriveled up and died on me. I transferred her from a solo cup into a 5 gallon grow bag and in the process damaged a leaf. Can I just cut it off? Also what is she trying to tell me from her tips also being yellow.

I've had similar issues in the beginning and the plant ended up producing about 6 ounces. Just don't obsess about the plant and leaves too much because it will drive you crazy. During my first grow I was a too obsessed with the grow that I probably stunted the growth or something. Now I only check the plant once a day. I no longer just sit and stare at the plant drooling. lol

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I've had similar issues in the beginning and the plant ended up producing about 6 ounces. Just don't obsess about the plant and leaves too much because it will drive you crazy. During my first grow I was a too obsessed with the grow that I probably stunted the growth or something. Now I only check the plant once a day. I no longer just sit and stare at the plant drooling. lol

Great advice :) I'm STILL obsessed 30 years later and surrounded by them constantly.

NotGonnaLieLOL
10oz

10oz

You're at the lower side of the PH. If it works for you cool. I prefer to stay right in the middle of everything lol. The torn leave? No big deal. It happens. You can cut them off to their first node and they'll jump right back up.

Great choice with the soil imo. A lot of water growers warn about this and that, but remember... the weed originated in... dirt, not water. It's built for it. Here's a couple examples for you to check out:

Pic 1 is a white widow clone. She and her next door buddy cut from the momma, in a small cup of water instantly, then to rooting hormone, then to the dirt. Root structure is obviously formed and she's blasting off. This one will be kept intact. The bottom small nodes will be grown out for... more clones. The larger nodes will be LST to branch straight out so the side shoots grow straight up in into tight nugs instead of branch huggers. I'm a fan of fat massive single colas, so this one's growth shoot stays on.

Pic 2 is a white widow clone that is topped. Same deal. First node only will be left intact. LST to make them grow straight out from the plant. Then this one's growth shoots off of the two branches will be cut away to double each. What usually ends up happening is a momma like that can stay really small but product 16 clones per month. That's easily doubled by once again cutting the tips off of each growth shoot. The smaller growth shoots will be allowed to go until they can be easily cloned.

Pic 3 is the top of the white widow clone in Pic 2. It's well started (1 week) in the dirt and doing the deal.

Sometimes you have to work REALLY hard to kill these suckers :)
Thanks for sharing man!

10oz

10oz

Haha guilty dude!

bigslimdawg79

bigslimdawg79

Cannabis plants are a strong plant!!
Just love they they love you back!!!

Top Bottom