Did I Just Blow A Cog?

• Thread starter DirkDiggler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DirkDiggler

Trying to see if I blew a cog so I don't make the mistake again. I just wired up a Mean Well HLG-185H-C1050A with a 3 prong plug and wanted to check everything was working properly so I grabbed a Vero 29 LED COB and attached the positive and negative leads directly to the COG. There was a pop and the COG never lit up fully. I did notice there are a few black dots now that were not there before. I tried using the harness and got the same result. So I took out the multimeter and the Mean Well was putting out 191v, so my thought is that I blew the COG with all that voltage. I thought the cog would only pull the 36v needed, I have 3 COGs left and I don't want to make any more expensive mistakes. If I have the COGs powered with positive in and negative out series how is the voltage regulated? Thanks for the help.

Did i just blow a cog
tags420

tags420

You're outside of the driver's parameters with just one COB. Need a min of 95v on the string.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Specification Value
Family HLG-185H
Primary Output Voltage (VDC) 95
Additional Output Voltages (VDC) 96 to 190
Output Current (A) 1.05
Maximum Output Power (W) 200
Input Voltage (VAC) 90 to 305
Input Frequency 47 to 63
Maximum Input Current (A) 2
Output Connector Type Stripped and Tinned
Number of Outputs 1
Product Type AC to DC Power Supply
Efficiency (%) 94
Minimum Isolation Voltage 3750V
Operating Temperature-Min (Cel) -25
Operating Temperature-Max (Cel) 70
Length (inch) 9
Width (inch) 2.7
Height (inch) 1.5
Agency Approvals CUL/CSA/EN
Type Auto Switching
Style Enclosed
Dumb and dumber at the end where the busload of girls asks if they know a few lotion guys...

D

DirkDiggler

Sorry about the COG and COB mixup, that Mr Spacely is a real jerk of a boss. Thanks Tags I didn't understand the primary voltage. So at 36v each I would need a string of at least 3 to test things out. I appreciate the help and comedy this community provides.

germinator

germinator

Sorry about the COG and COB mixup, that Mr Spacely is a real jerk of a boss. Thanks Tags I didn't understand the primary voltage. So at 36v each I would need a string of at least 3 to test things out. I appreciate the help and comedy this community provides.
Mr. Cogswell is the owner of Cogswell Cogs. Mr. Sparely owns the Spacely space sprocket company. Just sayin

D

DirkDiggler

Jeez. You would think of wasn't a kid around this time with these slip ups . I shall turn in my 80s Baby card at the counter on my way out.

Top Bottom