Did i just kill my plant by supercropping

• Thread starter 0MEGA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

0MEGA

I just bended one of my plants at above the 4th node and it snapped, its almost completly severed being held by a small piece i have it supported back on . if i were to just take that top piece off would the plant be topped?:headbang, or if kept supported will it heal its self?

D

doco

If you take it off, it would be topped and will grow two new main stems. But if it is not toooo badly damaged, it may be ok - super cropping involves crushing/ bending stems to stimulate side growth.

G

GroHi

You can almost mutilate a plant as long as you give her love & time to recover. To give you an accidental example... about the start of a flush cycle I had apparently not supported the center cola properly... she snapped at night & found her bent in half... full crease on the stalk & a little mushy. Splinted her & she healed up to continue the flush cycle... no loss of leaves/buds/rot/etc. She did fine, as should your's. Peace brother.

B

booms

take toothpicks and tape and make a splint. will heal up within week or 2. keep away from fans until healed up will dry out. its not a big deal it happens and usually u will get a lump where its broken and grows back stronger....

R

Rolln J

i had a runt clone that i dropped and the stalk broke at the stem with literally only 1 strand holding it there - I lined it up as good as I could and splinted it.

last harvest that baby was the fattest out of 36 total!

as long as you splint and support her she should be fine!

O

onlytoken

Omega... how is she? If the leaves are limping above the snap still all may be lost by now... Technically you can completely sever the top off of the plant, realign it, splint it, and tape around it... and within a week or two should have healed up with a nice brown and thick knuckle. It has been said that this will increase interior wall thickness at this area, and will actually strengthen the plant anyway (it will obviously stunt the plant, and will be take an extra week or two to mature [because of the healing process], but will be stronger than it was before it snapped).

It sounds as if it snapped almost completely off, hanging from the exterior pulp of the stem... this sounds very bad... but as long as you fixed it very fast it may survive. At worst it will be a top, and you'll lose whatever broke off. The roots underground are still supportive of the larger plant, and the recovery should be quick.

Next time, pinch the main stem above and below a node... crush your index towards your thumb, about 50% inwards... and make two 90 degree bends. Support the now downwards facing stem with either a stick or a piece of tape connecting it to the other stem in a parallel fashion.

Good luck!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I had some outdoor get rained on and it split like in wedges from the top to the bottom.Got out in the rain with some friends and put duck tape around the stems while someone held em up.Put the tape around the stems every foot to the top.Then put in 2x2 stakes and cord to all the branches to the top of the stakes.Didn`t lose any of them.

0MEGA

how she looking OMEGA?

some of the leaves on top were very discolored so i just topped it a little below that point, maybe i should make a journal, the only thing is i lack a camera all ihave is my phone. but i do need some guidance, thanks all for the help. ill try post some updates with pictures.
I have a really nice uknown sour d x ? strain that purpling real nice during veg has such a nice forest green color.

20north

just make sure you dont cut off every single shoot that the leaves come out of and more leaves come out of i once cut all the nodes off a plant for some reason and it just had some fan leaves and i totaly messed up that one well anyway your far from destroying it beyond recovery it will be fine

i would take off the top that snapped no reason to make the plant stres on that or even u

0MEGA

just make sure you dont cut off every single shoot that the leaves come out of and more leaves come out of i once cut all the nodes off a plant for some reason and it just had some fan leaves and i totaly messed up that one well anyway your far from destroying it beyond recovery it will be fine

i would take off the top that snapped no reason to make the plant stres on that or even u

it seemed like a great home for bacteria. the leaves were wilting and looked like just nasty i didnt even want it to touch the other leaves so its gone, and that top i topped is big enough to clone which is what ill do with it:fixed:

Top Bottom