Did I mess something up? (cannabutter)

• Thread starter CheebaMonkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CheebaMonkey

I had to eat a lot, like half the batch, but eventually it hit me. Hard. Now I'm wondering if I can increase the potency. This is what I did:

First of all, I used mostly vaporised plant, green-brownish color. — ounce to a lb. of butter.

I simmered in an uncovered pot, 3 hours, almost no bubbling, maybe a bubble would rise occasionally, but I was careful to keep the temp low by stirring.

strained it with cheesecloth, and let it solidify in my fridge. The butter had a definite green tint to it.

made chocolate chip cookies with half a pound of cannabutter(so that's half an ounce of vaporised nug).

At first I didn't feel anything, so I kept eating. After eating half the batch(quarter ounce of vaped nug) I felt amazing. Euphoric.

So, do I just need to use more? Or, can I improve the process?

P

pif420

i let mine simmer for 5 hours n u can use stems too but i ususally just use an ounce n grind it up n mix it in.

K

kripplecreek

heyya!

You could use coconut oil in the butter as well try a double boiler in a crock pot ive notticed the longer it cooks the more potent it is:lock: I just leave mine on low over night and dont even have to worry about burning etc

Since it is vaped its going to take a lot to get you ripped no matter what since its been used up a ounce of something would work for brownies cookies etc for one to two cookie doses but the vaped stuff I dunno half a batch sounds right its what it took me with my vaped stuff

Ole Scratch

Ole Scratch

you definately gotta add more if its been vaped.

I've made a few batches now and got a little method going. I also use the double boiler method. I find it easier and cleaner. You dont have to worry about burning the butter or separating the butter from the water after it's chilled.

you could also use your vaped material and make cooking oil.

K

kripplecreek

you definately gotta add more if its been vaped.

I've made a few batches now and got a little method going. I also use the double boiler method. I find it easier and cleaner. You dont have to worry about burning the butter or separating the butter from the water after it's chilled.

you could also use your vaped material and make cooking oil.

Ive heard the vaped stuff goes much further if you just use oil and crock pot it like above said as well. Something else I do is get a half empty peanutbutter jar whichever has the highest fat usually skippy unless I can find some of the good asian peanutbutters and all I do is grind it mix it into the peanutbutter and let it sit a day and night and into another day.

Then all I do is put the jar into the microwave for a few seconds and take it out stir and leave it rest again. The fat in the peanutbutter is absorbing everything in it and all I do after I feel its ready is dip my carrot sticks or apple chunks in it and enjoy!

Kinda like firecrackers but without the baking smell and crackers I guess? And unlike firecrackers, this has never failed to get me ripped. Actually its weird and id love to know if anyone is the same way here...does it give anyone else the giggles when you eat it with peanutbutter?:bongsmi:

I know when I eat it like that im on the moon and laughing like a fool..the wife thinks its hilarious lol AND to boot my back and knee feels like nothings going on so its medicated as well as enjoyable. Always so stressed out because of pains and I always say this THANK GOODNESS FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA!:cake

L

lostnFound02

as others indicated if its been vape should just out it in a crockpot with butter for at least 24 hours. It will make a difference

mikeb437

mikeb437

I usually use a quarter pound of my vaped weed to 1 stick of butter. When your using vaped weed most of the thc is gone so to make more potent butter you have to add alot more vaped weed. Most butter recipes call for 7 grams of weed per stick of butter so double that at least for vaped shit

derelict

derelict

i'd definitely be using more. good butter is the bomb!

Top Bottom