Did I mess up my filter from smoking in the same room?

• Thread starter Dr_Cactus12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr_Cactus12

As you can see in the photo below my prefilter is a bit dirty. Only have had the thing for three weeks. Upon seeing this it occurred to me that I’ve literally been smoking joints and blunts in my bedroom at least 2-3 times a week. I will permanently stop smoking flower in my room knowing this now, but is there any chance that this messed up the filter at all? Is there anything I should do? Thanks guys
CE800CF0-FEF1-483C-B986-160E3C796D7B.jpeg

TrichomeLicker

TrichomeLicker

The pre filter may have caught most of the particles,thats why its so dirty. Give it a wash and that will help a bit. It may have cut the life of your filter down a bit,who knows.

Just for reference, I've had my filter running for a year and a half straight now and it doesn't look dirty at all.

D

Dr_Cactus12

The pre filter may have caught most of the particles,thats why its so dirty. Give it a wash and that will help a bit. It may have cut the life of your filter down a bit,who knows.

Just for reference, I've had my filter running for a year and a half straight now and it doesn't look dirty at all.
Yup, gonna do that. I just hope I didn't mess up the carbon itself. I'm honestly an idiot for thinking it was a good idea to hotbox a room with a grow setup in it.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

You should:

Also factor in the rest of the goodies.
+ dust
+ pets (if applicable)
+ your dead skin…. Etc

Oh and if u have a carpet, that’s like a super particle collector.

Ponky

Ponky

You can get a good charcoal can from vivosun of vivohome. I have an 8" thats been absorbing smell for over 18 months effectively. Cheap as they get.

Top Bottom