Did I receive one seed that was different from others ?

• Thread starter jelloman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jelloman

jelloman

Hi,

Newbie grower with 8 plants growing outside. One of the plants is almost ready to harvest and is miles ahead of the others. Is it possible that I received a differnt seed with my order ? This one plant is darker, shorter and has a thick cola bud. Trichomes are mostly milky at this point. The others are no where near ready. I'm not unhappy with this development, cuz I can harvest it sooner. Just wondering if any of you veteran growers have had this happen ?

Pandude

Pandude

If your plants are hybrid, which most plants grown today are, it is a blend, typically described by percentage in mix of indica and sativa strains.

Hybrid plants are like humans, we may have the same momma but our siblings are usually a little bit different, in both looks and actions, or effects in marijuana.

Or, as you surmised, it may be a different strain. It sounds like a heavy mix of indica being short and stocky. Leaves of indica are usually wide where-as sativa has thin leaves and grows tall and takes longer to mature.

Anyway, as the plant gets mature and is harvested, you still may not know if the seed is a different strain or just a little off from the normal for that strain.

jelloman

jelloman

If your plants are hybrid, which most plants grown today are, it is a blend, typically described by percentage in mix of indica and sativa strains.

Hybrid plants are like humans, we may have the same momma but our siblings are usually a little bit different, in both looks and actions, or effects in marijuana.

Or, as you surmised, it may be a different strain. It sounds like a heavy mix of indica being short and stocky. Leaves of indica are usually wide where-as sativa has thin leaves and grows tall and takes longer to mature.

Anyway, as the plant gets mature and is harvested, you still may not know if the seed is a different strain or just a little off from the normal for that strain.

Thank-you for the response Pandude. It makes sense to me now !

Latest posts

Top Bottom