Did I ruin my plants spraying Pyrethrins?

• Thread starter jonilink
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jonilink

first time grower all organic outside no issues in veg stage but .. about 5 weeks into flow i found bud worms picked them off manually and realized i needed to step things up so I sprayed with BT. and still manually pulled them off after finding what seemed like more I spayed pyrethrins.
Pyrethrin

now...... my plants have virtually no smell.... these are Maui pineapple strain. Im hoping there is some residue i could POSSIBLY or are these buds toast......?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I wouldn't smoke buds that have had pyrethrins sprayed on them. I could be wrong and it may be perfectly safe, but without doing some research on pyrethrins, I would avoid it.

Mytwhyt

Mytwhyt

Did you dilute before you sprayed? I read that it was a concentrate.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Imho the entire crop you sprayed Pyrethrin on, is no good. Pyrethrins are harmful to humans in cannabis products grown/made for smoking because the chemicals can leach into your lungs causing severe damage to your respiratory system and your body overall.

Z

Zill

Dear Joni,
Pyrethrins are pretty safe. Someone your size would have make a meal out it to hurt you. It’s a potent inhibitor of the main cytochrome C oxidase enzyme in mitochondria. They die of asphyxiation, Can’t use O2. Regardless I sort of agree with mr. Mystic. If it’s caked on not sure I’d want to consume it.

Manually picking is the safest. What was the label rate for - veggies or plants we don’t eat. That will change application rate? Did you follow the directions? If you applied a rate for veggies, you’ll be ok. Don’t do it again! Ha.
Zill.

Top Bottom