Did I ruin my super soil?

• Thread starter LannieDuncan3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LannieDuncan3

LannieDuncan3

Hello,
First time ever growing with a super soil. I started my plant from seed in a red cup with some FFOF. I just transferred to a 10 gallon fabric pot with the bottom half Kind super soil and the top half FFOF last Tuesday. Everything was going good until today I noticed some nutrient burning symptoms. I panicked and poured about a gallon of distilled water to “flush” it. The soil was semi dry but I did get quite a bit of runoff. Did I ruin my super soil or is it early enough to rebound and rebuild? Any help would be great. My whole goal with this was trying to feed only water the whole time but I may have put to much super soil. I used about 10 lbs and it filled the pot about half way.

JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

Hello,
First time ever growing with a super soil. I started my plant from seed in a red cup with some FFOF. I just transferred to a 10 gallon fabric pot with the bottom half Kind super soil and the top half FFOF last Tuesday. Everything was going good until today I noticed some nutrient burning symptoms. I panicked and poured about a gallon of distilled water to “flush” it. The soil was semi dry but I did get quite a bit of runoff. Did I ruin my super soil or is it early enough to rebound and rebuild? Any help would be great. My whole goal with this was trying to feed only water the whole time but I may have put to much super soil. I used about 10 lbs and it filled the pot about half way.
Probably not. Most products are designed to resist "washing away" nutrients, otherwise they'd be useless for outdoor gardening.

That being said, don't continue to flush or you will wash too many goodies away.

Also, as I recall the instructions for kind say to use only in bottom 1/3 of your pot. See label instructions.

Best of luck, the girls will grow out of the burn with time so just plan on waiting a bit longer

Top Bottom