Did I ruin this batch of BHO by spilling water in it?

• Thread starter indogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indogro

indogro

I just blasted a killer batch of BHO. When I was transporting the pyrex in to the hot water bath, I added more water to that bath, and accidentally spilled about a half a cup of hot water into the Butane and oil, while the butane was evaporating. I let it boil off as usual, and I still saw some water in the mix. I scraped out the oil while holding the pan sideways, and poured out all the excess water.

I then brought the wax on an oil slick and put on my griddle at 105, and it turned into a crumble very fast, and does not melt even at high temps. I tried to purge, but nothing. now it is a very dry crumble.

Any way to fix this? or is this batch ruined? It's a 37gram batch, so I'd love to fix it!! cheers.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

What's your issue with the finished product. if u heat and vac till u got crumble then you should be good no?

indogro

indogro

I only heated it for about 5 minutes. and only vac purged for 10 minutes. it turned to crumble instantly, and didn't seem to purge at all. I don't trust it is clean, as there is no way it purged properly.

when i try to reheat it, it doesn't melt, and when purged, it doesn't bubble at all.

yes, it is a crumble, but there is surely a lot of butane left in there.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Since your trying to remove water thats still in it.. id suggest going with 99% :D

70% is 70% iso and 30% water. 30% is alot of water.

Dbd143

Dbd143

91 is cheap 99 isnt much more expensive you just have to order it.

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

the water usually separates from everything as its purging. i just tilt the dish with a paper towel and collect the water...

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
91 is cheap 99 isnt much more expensive you just have to order it.

Where do you live that you have to order 99%? On the store shelfs at damn near every grocery store and pharmacy i know of?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Oh and for whats its worth yer batch isn't ruined you could smoke it as is.. odds are when the hot water hit the oil most of the butane was purged off in a flash in the high heat. You just saturated the oil with water and made an emulsion when you scraped it all up. It won't melt till it hits the boiling point of water, Or near that..

It will sizzle a bit since theres still water trapped inside.. you could skip the extra washing and drying vac'ing steps and just put it under a vac/dessicant over night. Should help to dry it out more, But its still gonna be a crumble, Once ya emulsify it .. theres really no unfucking that up.. unless you went the extra 100 miles and winterized the living shit out of it :D

Honestly id just smoke it as it.. if it don't taste bad dont waste anymore time or hassle. What little butane COULD be left is negligible..

Dbd143

Dbd143

Where do you live that you have to order 99%? On the store shelfs at damn near every grocery store and pharmacy i know of?
pa 91% is the highest ive seen on the shelves i had to order 99 online and have it shipped. tough state to work in my friends

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
pa 91% is the highest ive seen on the shelves i had to order 99 online and have it shipped. tough state to work in my friends

Damn thats like the 3rd state ive heard of that don't stock it now wtf.

I wonder if home-depot still sells denatured alcohol or if thats off the shelfs as well..

Michigan here no issues finding it thankfully. I almost hate to ask how much u pay for a gallon online?

Dbd143

Dbd143

i buy the 16oz bottle 8 bucks for 2 i just started getting into iso and wintereization so i still do mainly bho runs i also dont have a supplier for trim and shake so im forced to use whole nuggets so that keeps my runs smaller as well unless im doing a big batch for a friend

Top Bottom