Did I Trim Too Much?

• Thread starter Moedollas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Moedollas

Onto 3rd week of flower, first time grower and I think I trimmed the wrong spots in veg , and yesterday I trimmed off all the big leaves and spots where the buds ain't going to grow , is this good or bad did I do it right?

Did i trim too much
Did i trim too much 2
Did i trim too much 3
Did i trim too much 4
Papichulo

Papichulo

Onto 3rd week of flower, first time grower and I think I trimmed the wrong spots in veg , and yesterday I trimmed off all the big leaves and spots where the buds ain't going to grow , is this good or bad did I do it right?
That Q is still up for debate. Some will say swear by defoliate and others don't. I tried to defoliate expecting a better yield but it was comparable to previous grows where I didn't do it.

hiboy

hiboy

I wouldn't pull the sun leaves as u did
They soak up the sun
Some pruning is necessary so all bud sites can
"see the light"
Hb

Cultivate420

Cultivate420

If you gonna trimming them up don't over do it and try to do it no later than 10 days into flower after that you want to shock your plant the least possible so she can focus on on those juicy buds. IMO you should be fine i personally i like mine to be bushy i only trim the bottom 1/4 of the plant and the big fan leafs on the very top. I usually do the trimming within the first week and take as much clones as i can.
Cheers

GreenWeinie

GreenWeinie

Trimmed my WW all the way into 2weeks flowering and she isnt producing bud sites like the BB right next to her. Check out my pic.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Oh that poor plant.

Looks link you removed about 80% of the fan leaves that's needed for growth. No fans = no way to absorb light and grow.

Also, you may have stressed them, be on the look out for nanners 1 week from now thru harvest.

T

TripC

To answer your questions: Yes, you did trim too much. Is this good or bad? Answer: Bad - Did I do it right? Answer: No.

Next time do about 90% less trimming up top. Just take everything off the bottom third of the plant and remove about 20% of up top foliage. Then you'll be good through flower, let her do her thing throughout harvest without any more stress. Good luck.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Do this before week 2 from flip, any later and you risk stressing out your plants and may cause them to hermie on you.

Last edited:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Did you do that in flower? Dont do that.. especially not that much... you run the risk of destabilizing root/leaf transpiration rates and shock your plant. Then you might get a hemrie

Last edited:
M

Moedollas

Thanks everyone been about a week since then and they are looking A1 , first time grow so I now know I cut a couple parts where there would have been buds growing but still good , now in week 4 of flower

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
A little to much yes in my opinion all you can do let it do its thing it may surprise you and go King Kong on you .

jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23

what strain is that? is it an auto? it does look pretty small for the 4th week of flower but could just be not long of veg time. but other then that i dont think it looks like you did too much damage by trimming. first grows are always a learning experience. once you get the first under your belt and the mistakes out of the way its usually pretty good from there on out. you will learn what works best for youand try new things with success or fails, its all about trying though.

:cool:

M

Moedollas

what strain is that? is it an auto? it does look pretty small for the 4th week of flower but could just be not long of veg time. but other then that i dont think it looks like you did too much damage by trimming. first grows are always a learning experience. once you get the first under your belt and the mistakes out of the way its usually pretty good from there on out. you will learn what works best for youand try new things with success or fails, its all about trying though.

:cool:
I think northern soul and white widow, but I begged for a month I think they were small because of hot ass tempted urea in my grow tent damn near over 85 degrees cause of the hot ass metal halide bulb and than the hps, last 2 weeks I switched to led and the temp went down do its around 70-80 degrees now

M

Moedollas

I think northern soul and white widow, but I begged for a month I think they were small because of hot ass tempted urea in my grow tent damn near over 85 degrees cause of the hot ass metal halide bulb and than the hps, last 2 weeks I switched to led and the temp went down do its around 70-80 degrees now
*vegged

Latest posts

Top Bottom