Did I use wrong meanwell driver for qb120s

• Thread starter Stoobeey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

In my mind we need to know what impedance these drivers can operate at. Just like audio. Higher impedance = less power, too lower and you'll blow shit up.
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking ... impedance isn't a term usually associated with an LED driver. Meanwell drivers are very high efficiency (95% and higher efficiency ratings).

The closest I can think of to what you're asking is "resistance." LED's don't have much resistance, and without a controlled current, they will overheat and melt the solder inside the LED causing it to burn out, not combust. There are 2 ways to prevent that. 1: a resistor built into the LED circuit. 2: Use a constant current driver - the original poster is using a constant current driver. His driver won't drive those 2 boards at max. He's got the right driver for 2 boards, thinking it would drive 4. It will energize 4, but won't drive them at a high ppfd due to the driver limitations.

Stoobeey

Stoobeey

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking ... impedance isn't a term usually associated with an LED driver. Meanwell drivers are very high efficiency (95% and higher efficiency ratings).

The closest I can think of to what you're asking is "resistance." LED's don't have much resistance, and without a controlled current, they will overheat and melt the solder inside the LED causing it to burn out, not combust. There are 2 ways to prevent that. 1: a resistor built into the LED circuit. 2: Use a constant current driver - the original poster is using a constant current driver. His driver won't drive those 2 boards at max. He's got the right driver for 2 boards, thinking it would drive 4. It will energize 4, but won't drive them at a high ppfd due to the driver limitations.
Funny I can tell how much faster seedlings reacting under the 2 boards I left on. Should have new driver by sat.

Stoobeey

Stoobeey

Thanks again driver flip out was fast as hell , great growth now that everyone is catching back up (just wondering how detrimental that lack of light was to the 2 autos and how big they'll get now)
I was actually able to return the 120 driver to digikey too so win win all around.
20210212 235720

Stoobeey

Stoobeey

Thanks again driver flip out was fast as hell , great growth now that everyone is catching back up (just wondering how detrimental that lack of light was to the 2 autos and how big they'll get now)
I was actually able to return the 120 driver to digikey too so win win all around.View attachment 1091286
No deadhead of clone bottom left, maui wowwi top left, bb domina auto, we cbd auto, tangie haze far right

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I was actually able to return the 120 driver to digikey too so win win all around.View attachment 1091286
I'm glad I could help you sort it out.

Stoobeey

Stoobeey

I'm glad I could help you sort it out.
Now if I can get people on forums to stop telling me my solution to low N on true organics when flowering starts is to only grow in 15gal totes or it won't work ..which I call fucking bullshit.. it'll take more time and patience to feed in smaller containers but no way in hell it can't be done.. it's soil it's a plant it can be fed.. my plants go lime green and I can't seem to keep em lush green thru flower, that's my only sole issue at the moment is getting them more for flower. No issues in veg doing water only and top dress and teas. Bit flower my shit goes lime green in like a week or 2..

Top Bottom