Did Mills Vitalize Change?

• Thread starter bibbles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bibbles

bibbles

All of the product images I've seen show an NPK of 0-3-1, but I just realized that the bottle I received says 0-0-0.8, far closer to that of Aptus Fasilitor and... every other silicic acid product? Not sure about OSA/28, but the rest seem to be 0-0-0.6.

Anyway, what's up with this bottle of Mills, is it super old, super new, or something else? Thanks!

The Terps

The Terps

Don't ever trust a guaranteed analysis companies put on the bottle. They are rarely close. Sasylic acid or what ever silica product will have little NPK as it isn't a product used to boost npk.

bibbles

bibbles

I'm not really concerned with the NPK itself, but rather curious about the change.

The Terps

The Terps

Companies are constantly changing those and they are rairly close to accurate. It's called a guaranteed analysis. Which is different from a lab analysis. They go to the lawyers and say are these number legal. And they will say yes here and no here then they give them new number so they only print one label. Then turn that in I forget who but government agency and they either accept it or reject it. If they reject it they just go back to the printer and start over.

House and garden claims less the .5 on all their numbers but in reality they are way higher. They are just numbers nothing more if you want to know your real npk numbers you need the LAB Analysis

bibbles

bibbles

So, marketting? Interesting.

I knew the numbers were relatively vacuous, but not that it went this far.

H

Hashbrick

Companies are constantly changing those and they are rairly close to accurate. It's called a guaranteed analysis. Which is different from a lab analysis. They go to the lawyers and say are these number legal. And they will say yes here and no here then they give them new number so they only print one label. Then turn that in I forget who but government agency and they either accept it or reject it. If they reject it they just go back to the printer and start over.

House and garden claims less the .5 on all their numbers but in reality they are way higher. They are just numbers nothing more if you want to know your real npk numbers you need the LAB Analysis
This is a bold claim. Where did you get this information?

It's a legal requirement in most (if not all) states that you must provide guaranteed analysis including NPK, and it's a violation of the regulation to misrepresent what is in the bottle.

There are cases where micronutrients do not have to be listed or labeled, as well as other things, but NPK must be correct AFAIK.

The Terps

The Terps

if you don't know guaranteed analysis change every now and then and are extremely in accurate you haven't been in the business long.
And no they don't the strictest label laws are in Colorado where you need to be writhing .4% whereas CA you merely need to list above a guaranteed minimum and basically put down whatever you want as long as it's above a threshold.
If you really think I'm wrong please get a lab analysis done on one of your bottles. Seriously any bottle and I'll almost guarantee it's wrong.
My source would be personal experience I have worked in the industry for years selling this stuff. I have talked to damn near every rep that has come through our area talked to a lot of nute co owners and they will straight up tell you it's a label not fact sheet.

For instance house and garden if you read their base anylisis you have 99% water but we know that isn't true and advanced nutes has changed their base 3x in the last 8 years but their analysis hasn't changed once.

Top Bottom