Did my buds get pollinated?

• Thread starter bellumromanum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Lotta heat in my tent the last couple weeks before I broke down and installed a portable AC.

One day saw what I thought might have been a ruptured pollen sack on one of my Forbidden Fruit plants but couldn't really tell...also kinda looked like a flower bud.

Anyways these pictures I took today make me wonder if there wasn't some pollination occurring in there at some point. I don't really know how to identify but put some red circles around the spots I thought might be seeds. Any thoughts?

20200803_094513-gbog_poss_poll.jpg
20200803_094513-gbog_poss_poll2.jpg

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

It does look like a seed in that bract to me. It wouldn't really hurt too much to break it out and be sure. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

I'll pull it out and shoot a pic. Is it normal for them to have pistils coming out? I pulled what looked like a seed from the plant I think hermied and then pulled a bud that didn't appear to be a seed from the same plant. When I crushed them both they looked and smelled the same inside. Didn't help much lol.

I'd throw them seeds away. Are those plants from fem seeds?

No they're from clones and I gave one of my Forbidden Fruit clones to a friend to grow - his hermied also. I didn't think much of it cause they said they were having major PH problems and I assumed they shocked theirs into it.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

That is an immature seed. I would check every plant closely for pollen sacs. A lot of the time, the pollen sacs will be on lower flower sites. Good luck. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

That is an immature seed. I would check every plant closely for pollen sacs. A lot of the time, the pollen sacs will be on lower flower sites. Good luck. Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Preciate the insight bud =\ I'm pretty bummed. Are these pollen sacs too?

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Yeah intersex plants are never fun. They look like more pollinated bracts to me. If your plant is pretty seeded, you can always turn it into hash or edibles. Not the same as smoking flower, but still nice. Good luck! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

growsince79

growsince79

I'll pull it out and shoot a pic. Is it normal for them to have pistils coming out? I pulled what looked like a seed from the plant I think hermied and then pulled a bud that didn't appear to be a seed from the same plant. When I crushed them both they looked and smelled the same inside. Didn't help much lol.

No they're from clones and I gave one of my Forbidden Fruit clones to a friend to grow - his hermied also. I didn't think much of it cause they said they were having major PH problems and I assumed they shocked theirs into it.
Now you know where not to buy clones.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
😫😫😢😢 that is such a bummer. It could relate to the heat and nutrient issues you were experiencing. Whatcha think?

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

😫😫😢😢 that is such a bummer. It could relate to the heat and nutrient issues you were experiencing. Whatcha think?

Dude I'm SO bummed. I'm pretty sure it's related to heat stress and the power going out in the middle of this last heat wave ><

+1 grow out seeds and keep a mom. Cut your own clones.

Yup, done with that breeder. FUCK man those Ghost Breaths were looking so good too :( OH WELL MORE BHO PRACTICE

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Dude I'm SO bummed. I'm pretty sure it's related to heat stress and the power going out in the middle of this last heat wave ><

Yup, done with that breeder. FUCK man those Ghost Breaths were looking so good too :( OH WELL MORE BHO PRACTICE
Super promising. I was going to head down and grab some of those bitches haha.
neptuneseedbank.com is close to us and ships fast, or here at the farm there’s some great gens.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

This may have been the culprit....can anyone confirm if this is a busted pollen sac?

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Sorry, forgive my wife's gym music - now I'm starting to wonder if these flowers that look like they have a bunch of swollen buds with seeds in them....do they?

For instance the bud in the beginning of this video it kind of looks like there could be a seed in every one of those little structures. Should I be expecting that now?

Latest posts

Top Bottom