Diesel 3rd week into flower

• Thread starter Jsimp342
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jsimp342

Hey everyone just wanted to post what I got going on, had some bumps in the road but learned a lot from helpful people on here!

got myself a 4x4 Vivosun tent with 6 inch exhaust, 3 vivosun vs1000 LED’s, a heat/humidity controller, couple humidifiers heaters ext..

had two diesel plants had to get nutes and ph right finally got plant healthy after like 3 months and switched to flower. Haven’t had any trouble lately with ph 6.5 and nutes around 1700 ppm per week. Humidity around 50 rh and temp 79-81. Just about finished LST I think buds are pretty even to grow up now

Probably could use another couple lights but I’m going to run with 300 watts and see how this grow turns out.

let me know any opinions or advise or if seeing any problems! Thanks!

Diesel 3rd week into flower
Diesel 3rd week into flower 2
Diesel 3rd week into flower 3
Diesel 3rd week into flower 4
Diesel 3rd week into flower 5
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Growing in soil? Sounds like it if these are 3 months old. Coincidentally I have a crop of Sour Diesel that just completed week 3 of flower. Mine is in coco coir, and it's grown fast. I'm running out of room (again) during the flower stretch.

8 days ago I swapped out the tent mid-grow for a 1-foot-taller one, and the plants had 27 inches of clearance. This shot is from then. Today they are 15 inches taller than this!
20220303 173056

Mine don't have much smell yet either.

J

Jsimp342

Growing in soil? Sounds like it if these are 3 months old. Coincidentally I have a crop of Sour Diesel that just completed week 3 of flower. Mine is in coco coir, and it's grown fast. I'm running out of room (again) during the flower stretch.

8 days ago I swapped out the tent mid-grow for a 1-foot-taller one, and the plants had 27 inches of clearance. This shot is from then. Today they are 15 inches taller than this!
View attachment 1225655

Mine don't have much smell yet either.
Wow those babies are stretching! My first grow so wasn’t sure what I was doing at first I almost killed them in veg. So I spent a month getting them healthy then switched to flower. I’ve been bending shoots under The nets almost daily, probably why they aren’t as tall as yours?

I got mine in fox farm soil using fox farm trio nutes. Once I got tent to even 78-80 degrees and 50 rh these babies got healthy as can be

CD974B6B 2DE6 432D 83E4 A582BAE4879D
9D0AABDD A3BE 46EC ACD6 15FDD8A38CD9
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Wow those babies are stretching! My first grow so wasn’t sure what I was doing at first I almost killed them in veg. So I spent a month getting them healthy then switched to flower. I’ve been bending shoots under The nets almost daily, probably why they aren’t as tall as yours?

I got mine in fox farm soil using fox farm trio nutes. Once I got tent to even 78-80 degrees and 50 rh these babies got healthy as can be

I read in a few places that Sour Diesel stretches a lot. I really hope I'm not one of those who ends up with plants that triple in height. They've basically doubled in height in 3 weeks.

I'm growing in coco coir with 5x daily waterings. They are certainly growing faster than anything I've grown before, save perhaps corn in Iowa.

J

Jsimp342

I read in a few places that Sour Diesel stretches a lot. I really hope I'm not one of those who ends up with plants that triple in height. They've basically doubled in height in 3 weeks.

I'm growing in coco coir with 5x daily waterings. They are certainly growing faster than anything I've grown before, save perhaps corn in Iowa.
So from what I’ve read they definitely stretch but mostly first three weeks of flower so hope those babies stop stretching too far! Lol

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

So from what I’ve read they definitely stretch but mostly first three weeks of flower so hope those babies stop stretching too far! Lol
I just checked, and I think the stretch is near the end. Not much change today, and in the nick of time.

My grow tent has windows so you can check things while still sealed up. I no longer look down at the buds in the window.

20220313 103407
J

Jsimp342

I just checked, and I think the stretch is near the end. Not much change today, and in the nick of time.

My grow tent has windows so you can check things while still sealed up. I no longer look down at the buds in the window.
I’ve done nothing but ask questions on this site lol it’s kind of nice to try and help someone out!

I would definitely recommend for next grow a couple scrog nets for later veg and keep bending the shoots growing up every few days, I went right into 3rd week of flower.
Once I saw buds forming and growth stopping I stopped moving them around. Now buds are getting fatter on a very level spread out canopy.
I could see where they were growing inches in a day that’s why I researched LST and it worked great!

here’s a photo from nets installed to most recent flower pic…

610050E1 77F1 4B3F A757 C738BDCD83EE
583B33F8 F0E6 4DCA B974 BAF69FFD7A99
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I’ve done nothing but ask questions on this site lol it’s kind of nice to try and help someone out!

I would definitely recommend for next grow a couple scrog nets for later veg and keep bending the shoots growing up every few days, I went right into 3rd week of flower.
Once I saw buds forming and growth stopping I stopped moving them around. Now buds are getting fatter on a very level spread out canopy.
I could see where they were growing inches in a day that’s why I researched LST and it worked great!

here’s a photo from nets installed to most recent flower pic…
I did that for the first couple of weeks into flowering. Before that I cropped 3 times, and arranged branches into different net openings to flatten the canopy. But they were just growing so fast that I had to start bending and weaving too. That was in a net about 8 inches above the first. But those puppies just kept growing, and faster. I ended up taking everything out of the tent and replacing with a taller one. That played havoc with my net weaving as I had to try to reweave the plants back into a net after the move. Figuring I had plenty of space (27 inches) I spaced them into the net again, more or less, but quit weaving and bending. Well, in the past 8 days they grew another 15 inches, and hopefully have stopped going up now. Otherwise I'll put another net in there and start bending and weaving again.

Sure has been an interesting site. Found it only this year. Could have used the knowledge last year - that was school of hard knocks.

J

Jsimp342

I did that for the first couple of weeks into flowering. Before that I cropped 3 times, and arranged branches into different net openings to flatten the canopy. But they were just growing so fast that I had to start bending and weaving too. That was in a net about 8 inches above the first. But those puppies just kept growing, and faster. I ended up taking everything out of the tent and replacing with a taller one. That played havoc with my net weaving as I had to try to reweave the plants back into a net after the move. Figuring I had plenty of space (27 inches) I spaced them into the net again, more or less, but quit weaving and bending. Well, in the past 8 days they grew another 15 inches, and hopefully have stopped going up now. Otherwise I'll put another net in there and start bending and weaving again.

Sure has been an interesting site. Found it only this year. Could have used the knowledge last year - that was school of hard knocks.
Haha yeah makes growing easier with a little help for sure, maybe mine aren’t settled yet or maybe a little different strain not getting as tall. I’m hoping mine are not getting much taller I don’t have too much room either 😳

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Haha yeah makes growing easier with a little help for sure, maybe mine aren’t settled yet or maybe a little different strain not getting as tall. I’m hoping mine are not getting much taller I don’t have too much room either 😳
Looking closely at your pics, I think yours are probably about as tall as they will get, and certainly with weaving and bending you seem to be fine.

J

Jsimp342

Looking closely at your pics, I think yours are probably about as tall as they will get, and certainly with weaving and bending you seem to be fine.
Ok yeah I wasn’t sure if the buds would develop taller or just fill in, but it does seem like they’re full on flowering now haven’t seen much height growth last couple days

J

Jsimp342

Ok yeah I wasn’t sure if the buds would develop taller or just fill in, but it does seem like they’re full on flowering now haven’t seen much height growth last couple days
It was really cool to watch the buds refind their way up to the light lol, here’s a pic from my window..

95238EAE 55D5 42BB 9F80 1981C067F66A
J

Jsimp342

What’s the thought on clipping fan leaves for light to get more into plant, took a few but I don’t want to get crazy

316E8DA5 404D 45D9 87F9 E2A15CB2BCC7
steamroller

steamroller

I trim blades to open the plant up . I don't get crazy but if a branch has good growth its fan can go .
It helps to keep the canopy cool ,thus allowing me to apply more light as the cycle progresses.
I also like to get light down into some of the lower . It is not so important to go crazy .Just try to help a little ?
In cycle most do 21 days .

E9noxis

E9noxis

Looking good! I say that because it's comparable to what I have going on with the same time line.

Top Bottom