Diesels Dog House

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
yeah, i too am curious. what does vegging them so tall like that do? establish root zone for insane flower mode or what exactly is the reasoning? all i can think is getting those trees to that size had to have taken the better part of spring and summer at minimum, just curious what the method to the madness is?

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
yeah, i too am curious. what does vegging them so tall like that do? establish root zone for insane flower mode or what exactly is the reasoning? all i can think is getting those trees to that size had to have taken the better part of spring and summer at minimum, just curious what the method to the madness is?
Agreed. My guess is it's grow parameter/development related. I'm sure he's got good reasons. That's what I'm interested in also.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Agreed. My guess is it's grow parameter/development related. I'm sure he's got good reasons. That's what I'm interested in also.
that's kind of my thoughts too. my knee jerk reaction is trees like that are liable to produce very large colas and minimal larf. throwback to kottonmouth kings talking about Kavorkian buds the size of a volkswagen. Otherwise, the other option is fixed lighting position and they gotta be that tall to actually take advantage of maximum photo availability. Or, mamas that have run their course and gotta be retired.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
June 18th
Plants on the table are the plants I’m flipping this weekend.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
The 2 plants in the 5 gallon buckets were mothers that are going to be flowered this run.
This summers OD run put me way behind on my ID. With the size of these plants they will have large colas with little larf.
I will lower the gavitas approximately 3 feet above canopy the day I flip at 600w and increase each week 100w till 1150w are achieved during full flower, with co2 at 1500ppm. I typically go through 4-50 pound bottles per complete cycle (2 months).

tobh

tobh

Supporter
ah, confirmed two of the three assumptions @Frankster . These are gonna be straight wiffleball bats by harvest.

How did the hemp run turn out @1diesel1 ? I haven't really been keeping tabs much around here. Curious what them OD fields turned out like.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
The 2 plants in the 5 gallon buckets were mothers that are going to be flowered this run.
This summers OD run put me way behind on my ID. With the size of these plants they will have large colas with little larf.
I will lower the gavitas approximately 3 feet above canopy the day I flip at 600w and increase each week 100w till 1150w are achieved during full flower, with co2 at 1500ppm. I typically go through 4-50 pound bottles per complete cycle (2 months).
Wow, that's a crazy amount of CO2 sounds like. But good sized room, by the looks of it. What's that running you, per bottle? I wonder even if maybe going to something like propane this time of year might be worthwhile. ie. CO2 + the added heat energy.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Mold issues, harvest was 4 out of 10.
At the mercy of Mother Nature🤔
not surprising given how shit flipped upside down here man. of all years, this is the year i'm glad i didn't run anything outdoor. between the heat which would've cost a fortune on city water to keep OD plants hydrated, then the rains would've just made mold cultures of the flowers that were forming. looking at 10+ days of straight rain at this point, and you know we've already been under clouds for what, two weeks now? shitty to hear that's what came of all that effort man. you'll kill this ID round though.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
@Frankster not sure if this is the thread or not, but his room is a dream room. Full TPO lined, really well thought out with drains and all the things that pretty much every grower is like "fuck, I wish I had that." Won't lie, I'm envious of his room haha @1diesel1 took experience and built one of the best setups I've ever seen, at least in regards of a clandestine endeavor.

Moshmen

Moshmen

@Frankster not sure if this is the thread or not, but his room is a dream room. Full TPO lined, really well thought out with drains and all the things that pretty much every grower is like "fuck, I wish I had that." Won't lie, I'm envious of his room haha @1diesel1 took experience and built one of the best setups I've ever seen, at least in regards of a clandestine endeavor.
Truth

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Mold issues, harvest was 4 out of 10.
At the mercy of Mother Nature🤔
Mold is always the bane. The more plants you got, the worse the problem, I suspect. That's why I love this Streptomyces nigrescens DSM 40276 is a spore-forming, mesophilic bacterium that builds an aerial mycelium and was isolated from soil. Great for canopy, I use alongside lactobacillus, bifidobacteria. In the fauna, mixed with a bit of sugar. They simply love it. Stuff needs pH correction, that's it.

I really think the key to mastering the outdoor is careful microbe sourcing, and them working well with specific strains. Lining up the ones that love each other, and have that special synergism. Extremely clean starting plant. So much is simply transferred from earlier grows, or some other preventable vector.

I got more than I'll ever need of this stuff, and you only need less than a gram to propagate it. I use it cause it's effective against pathogens, and makes a type of antibiotic, and should be good against virus, and some fungi. It's also being studied as an antitumor agent.
  1. spore-forming
  2. mesophilic
  3. 16S sequence
  4. Bacteria

IMG 20211024 051832
IMG 20211024 051841
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom