Differance between same strain different seed company ?

• Thread starter hpjsgla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hpjsgla

hpjsgla

Whats the Differance between same strain different seed company ?

Hi all- trying to fure out why some companies sell the same strain but for less cash. Is it the same strain but less quality ? For instance, Sensi seeds sell their Jack Herer beans for aliitle over $200 vs others at $75. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

F

farmerjohn

It may well be that some breeders have a superior line of genetics & are able to demand top $ for their product, as a result. I'm sure that is the case with some. More likely to be the case is the age old game of salesmanship. One company might be more consumer friendly & offer their wares @ a reduced rate, compared to a more notorious seller. Others may not have the overhead or advertising budget of their competitors & therefore can offer a similar product & a greatly reduced rate. Some breeders are just greedy bastards! Others actually believe their own hype. As with almost any product or service available in a free market, their are rip-offs, there are quality providers who keep the cost reasonable & their are quality providers who like to take your money. As much of it as they can. Shopping around & paying attention to others misery or happiness with specific companies, makes sense here, just as it does when you are in the market for almost anything you purchase.

K

Karma Genetics

It may well be that some breeders have a superior line of genetics & are able to demand top $ for their product, as a result. I'm sure that is the case with some. More likely to be the case is the age old game of salesmanship. One company might be more consumer friendly & offer their wares @ a reduced rate, compared to a more notorious seller. Others may not have the overhead or advertising budget of their competitors & therefore can offer a similar product & a greatly reduced rate. Some breeders are just greedy bastards! Others actually believe their own hype. As with almost any product or service available in a free market, their are rip-offs, there are quality providers who keep the cost reasonable & their are quality providers who like to take your money. As much of it as they can. Shopping around & paying attention to others misery or happiness with specific companies, makes sense here, just as it does when you are in the market for almost anything you purchase.

Well spoken John:bubblez:

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Choose your words carfefully Phenofinderphil, this is a touchy subject at the moment...

R

rizzle

Cool I was wondering the same thing, specifically about jack herer as well. Any one have experience growing out sensi seeds and green house seed co. versions of JH?

Farewell Jack

420king-MASSES

what it all boils down to is number of specimens to choose from then what is the breeders critierea [ie what are they looking for] and selection skills and how well they are able to lock in the desireable traits while insuring the recesive traits dont pop up theres alot of reasons but those are the first and foremost reasons as to why

Z

zeropercentthc

The only thing that's certain is each company gave it the same name. No guarantee that the genetics of each are at all similar. Each company breeds their own.
I'm guessing sometimes, one company made the original, while other companies might sell the same name by simply taking the original company's seeds, letting them pollinate, and selling the resulting F2 seeds. Joey Weed openly does this, for example.

beezleb878

beezleb878

Here is what I do. I look to find grow reports of people growing from seed and see what the phenotypes are and figure that into my considerations.

Their are extremely high quality genetics at great prices and their are high priced not as quality seeds out there too. I look for seed stock with few phenotypes reported out of a dozen or so beans and do my best to find as many grow reports/logs.

Now if your going with new crosses and its first being released their may be more phenotypes but the potential of something special keeps more than a few people craving new releases.

Marketing and pricing seldom have much to do with quality but I am speaking generically.

Z

Zissou Intern

IMO- those seed pack pages in hightimes are on fuckin drugs.

you can find ANY cross - any og any haze any indy/sativa for under 150 bucks. if its more its either a rip off or some dumb coffee shop ripping people off.

cali connection and top dawg keep it at that price, and seeing as they are a+ meds and dutch passion sells a back of beans for like 260 and you might find 1 "keeper" plant (as in actually want to grow it out)

i may pay more if its a strain that i've really wanted or its hard to get ahold of, but even then you can usually find good people to just hook you up with a couple beans....

420king-MASSES

ya i noticed that the north american seed bank adds 400% to the seed price for example 265 buks for a ten pack of regular lemon skunk[dna] but threw attitude seeds or dna the same strain is a lil under 70 buks american with shipping and packaging and handling

Z

Zissou Intern

ya i noticed that the north american seed bank adds 400% to the seed price for example 265 buks for a ten pack of regular lemon skunk[dna] but threw attitude seeds or dna the same strain is a lil under 70 buks american with shipping and packaging and handling

shipping packaging handling and QUALITY

Top Bottom