Differences between HLG & XLG Meanwell drivers

• Thread starter DogterB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DogterB

DogterB

Hey all. I have 2x QB96s, each on HLG-185H-54B drivers. I’m looking to get a couple more QB96s and am curious about drivers. I saw HLG’s 225 setup, with the 96 mounted in a frame, and it uses an XLG-200-H-A. XLG drivers are cheaper than the HLG and I’m thinking of getting them, but have no idea what the difference between them is. Would this work well? I’d get the AB version so I can use a potentiometer, they don’t have a B version.

Kapal

Kapal

Hi,
like you wrote the XLG drivers are cheaper. They have a litte less efficiency ( max 90% ), but nothing to worry about
and the range is between 25 - 250 watt.
AB version has both, the internal potentiometer and the wires for external control of the dimming signal.
Let it grow.

DogterB

DogterB

Hi,
like you wrote the XLG drivers are cheaper. They have a litte less efficiency ( max 90% ), but nothing to worry about
and the range is between 25 - 250 watt.
AB version has both, the internal potentiometer and the wires for external control of the dimming signal.
Let it grow.
Appreciate the response! I’m thinking of getting the XLG 150s, the 225 setup using the XLG 200 has a massive heatsink compared to the one that comes with the 96. I’d be nervous to go up to the 200 with the standard heatsink. The ones I have already keep the tent a little toasty

Latest posts

Top Bottom