different bat guano's

• Thread starter supercharged
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
supercharged

supercharged

hey wats up farmers, i am just in the middle of putting together sum 'subcools supersoil'

now i was wondering about different brands of bat guano.
has any of u farmers tried different brands an noticed any difference in the overall health of the plants and the quality of the end product? i.e strength, taste, smell

all input much appreciated, peace out SC

lazarus718

lazarus718

I haven't experimented with or researched them that much to be honest with you....this is a good thread to get started. I use one in my current mix but have always used the same stuff, it's actually a seabird guano with a 10-10-1 ratio. Once that one is used up I am going to look into the others out there. I do know that each type has its own N-P-K ratios with some having more nitrogen and others more phosphorus or potassium. I'd imagine that you would ultimately want to formulate a mix for each individual grow and strain. Those girls that tend to swell really nice would probably love a higher P-K and maybe a sativa stretcher might enjoy more of the N-P side of things. I think it would be really difficult though to identify a particular guano versus another as contributing to the overall strength, taste or smell of the plant given all the other ingredients in the supersoil formulation. You would have to thin out your variables some and use a few different guanos with the exact same soil and the same phenos of a strain if you really wanted any substantial evidence of one guano being more desirable than another. And you would have to do that with every single strain you grew.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's not the brand you're interested in, it's the shit itself and the numbers, and for me personally I *need* to know that it's been harvested sustainably. As long as you apply it properly, for instance if top-dressing be SURE to mix it into the soil or with soil or you risk causing mold and rot problems, then it's a proven winner in my opinion. I don't know anyone who's used it and felt it did something bad for or to their plants, and I enjoy seeing them push out invigorated growth when being given a nice feed with it.

It's expensive, but it's bat shit.

Oh, I don't recommend making your own teas with it, there are risks associated. I use pre-bottled guanos for teas and they fucking STINK!!! In fact, if you do decide to use something like that you will be so happy you bought gloves for it, and also don't drop the whole pH meter into the mix, or the stink will stick to it and then to you. The stink is the least of it, but it's also almost the worst of it.

supercharged

supercharged

I haven't experimented with or researched them that much to be honest with you....this is a good thread to get started. I use one in my current mix but have always used the same stuff, it's actually a seabird guano with a 10-10-1 ratio. Once that one is used up I am going to look into the others out there. I do know that each type has its own N-P-K ratios with some having more nitrogen and others more phosphorus or potassium. I'd imagine that you would ultimately want to formulate a mix for each individual grow and strain. Those girls that tend to swell really nice would probably love a higher P-K and maybe a sativa stretcher might enjoy more of the N-P side of things. I think it would be really difficult though to identify a particular guano versus another as contributing to the overall strength, taste or smell of the plant given all the other ingredients in the supersoil formulation. You would have to thin out your variables some and use a few different guanos with the exact same soil and the same phenos of a strain if you really wanted any substantial evidence of one guano being more desirable than another. And you would have to do that with every single strain you grew.

hey lazurus, thanks for the reply m8!!!
this is guna b my first time using gauno so the info u gave me there is very helpful!!! i run mostly og kushes and indica's so the higher n-p levels sounds like my ticket!!!
i totally understand bout it being hard to pin point the changes in attributes i was asking about but wud love to know every1s opinion on this matter :)

It's not the brand you're interested in, it's the shit itself and the numbers, and for me personally I *need* to know that it's been harvested sustainably. As long as you apply it properly, for instance if top-dressing be SURE to mix it into the soil or with soil or you risk causing mold and rot problems, then it's a proven winner in my opinion. I don't know anyone who's used it and felt it did something bad for or to their plants, and I enjoy seeing them push out invigorated growth when being given a nice feed with it.

It's expensive, but it's bat shit.

Oh, I don't recommend making your own teas with it, there are risks associated. I use pre-bottled guanos for teas and they fucking STINK!!! In fact, if you do decide to use something like that you will be so happy you bought gloves for it, and also don't drop the whole pH meter into the mix, or the stink will stick to it and then to you. The stink is the least of it, but it's also almost the worst of it.

hey seamaiden. thanks for the reply!!!
av bin readin up on tea's quite a lot and although they intruege me a lot im going for the supersoil way4now but will defo try them in the near future.
im a bit more clued up on my guano's now thanks to your an lazurus help, i know wat i need2look 4 :)

thanks for the replies again guys, peace out SC

Top Bottom