Different Harvesting Techniques

• Thread starter herbalhealing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

herbalhealing

I have heard different methods on how to go about the harvest process.

Method 1: I have heard one method about cutting the plant at the base of the stock, and hanging the plant upside down all together. Someone told me this will help secret more resin out during the first 24 hours after harvest. This method would seem to be the best for the top nugs of the plant if it is true. Is this tru? With the slow process of how trichomes are formed and mature, could any type of harvest technique make the plant develop more trichomes and if the to develop more, will they mature to the point where they will be pyschoactive?

Method 2: Harvest the more developed top nugs of the plant first. Harvest branches seperately and let lower flowers continue to develop and mature. Go on a branch by branch basis and harvest individually as the flowers mature at their own pace. This seems like the best way to squeeze out the most quantity, but if Method 1 does help produce more resin, it seems like Method 2 would be cheating the quality of the top nugs in order to let more smaller "B" nugs develop and mature.

Any thoughts or theories?

jagle

jagle

6 of one half a dozen of another.

while chopping the top half of the plant and leaving the lower buds go longer can and will often lead to an increase on the lower branches.

i dont know how accurate the whole a hanging plant gets more resin point is, id say cut and chop how you wish.

if you wanna cut and hang the entire plant to dry thats ok.
cut and hang top branchs while leaving lower ones bud up.
then rinse and repeat

dankworth

dankworth

Method 1: I have heard one method about cutting the plant at the base of the stock, and hanging the plant upside down all together. Someone told me this will help secret more resin out during the first 24 hours after harvest. This method would seem to be the best for the top nugs of the plant if it is true. Is this tru? With the slow process of how trichomes are formed and mature, could any type of harvest technique make the plant develop more trichomes and if the to develop more, will they mature to the point where they will be pyschoactive?

Method 2: Harvest the more developed top nugs of the plant first. Harvest branches seperately and let lower flowers continue to develop and mature. Go on a branch by branch basis and harvest individually as the flowers mature at their own pace. This seems like the best way to squeeze out the most quantity, but if Method 1 does help produce more resin, it seems like Method 2 would be cheating the quality of the top nugs in order to let more smaller "B" nugs develop and mature.

Dude! Dude!
Method 2.
I straight up picked up an extra p doing this on a 6k run. Not even kidding. Structure your canopy so that your trim time for the room works out like that. So you can do top nugs, then let lowers frost and harden up. Managed correctly, it will absolutely turn a bunch of grade b to grade a.
As long as you don't try to overdo it.
Try it!
This is common practice for me for a while now.
It takes over a week for me to trim out my room, so it works out like that anyway.

beast

beast

I have done both, to start your girls should be frosty before harvest ! 1. use a good bud (flower) fert. in your flowering stage / sucanat pure cane sugar & sweet or flowering carbo ...they add smell and flavor ...the last two weeks before harvest FLUSH... this may be the most important part to get the best flavor & sweetness to out of your smoke...I am starting to use humbolts flush as soon as posible...before harvest keep your girls in total darkness for 24 to 48 hours..this will help bring your trichomes out.... my girls look frosty weeks before harvest...my nugs are good, big to small pretty much the same... are your nugs tight or wispy ? fuller nugs WILL produce better trichomes and will show better plant health overall , after harvest have air moving a bit either way...I harvest by cuting and triming nugs, spreading on screen or cardbored box with air moving , MOLD can be a problem on pastic or hard services ..dry to touch NOT completey then go to paper bags, the idea is to dry slowly to allow the pyshactive part to happen...when nugs stems can be broken go to GLASS jars , open every day and check for to much dampness if so take out of jar & back in paper bag for half a day or so & rejar nugs, afterward open evey week and check if ok, every couple of weeks.. U DONT WANT MOLD, and heres the hard part ...u must wait if you can for about a month or longer to have all the sugars and pyschoactive properties develop in your buds as well as trichomes , this i have a problem with..and yes i try it and its hard to beleive the differece from harshness of week one to weekthree or four... but again my nugs are frosty with diamond sparkles at harvest...enough light ? im also finding larger pot size for roots to grow..use fertilizors but not to much to plant for fear of lock up and stunted growth.... I flush with just sweetners & very light if any fert. during all fazess of growth ...OL never NEVER interupt light cycle, again this stunts the plant, I found this out the hard way..hope this helps & best of luck....

Beast

E

eircsmith

Thanks for sharing information of harvesting techniques. I will introduce this techniques in future, if I occur so problem in harvesting.

Donkey

Donkey

Dude! Dude!
Method 2.
I straight up picked up an extra p doing this on a 6k run. Not even kidding. Structure your canopy so that your trim time for the room works out like that. So you can do top nugs, then let lowers frost and harden up. Managed correctly, it will absolutely turn a bunch of grade b to grade a.
As long as you don't try to overdo it.
Try it!
This is common practice for me for a while now.
It takes over a week for me to trim out my room, so it works out like that anyway.
I beleive the plant already knows how to get the most & longest period of bud developing or tricones to catch pollen. As they develop - ( buds, hard nugs - weight ) and the nug falls to the side leaving the undeveloped ( sticky tricones, flowers ) now exposed and ready to catch any pollin that lingers. In a natural setting. I beleive mother nature already figured it out.
Am i makeing sence or is this method off base.
Hee Haw
Please give me carrots / feedback.

1510586239402 292348624
Top Bottom