Diffuser For Compost Tea That Works!!!!!

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I have been buying the 6'' pucks for my compost tea brewer, and they blow out the back all the time. I am getting sick of fixing them, and want something better.

I have looked online and have found some nice pond bubblers that look like they will last a long time.

However I was thinking somebody on the farm has fixed this problem, and I would love to see their design. Any input would be great, thanks everybody.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I am looking for small bubbles to help diffuse the oxygen in the water. So the splitter makes too big of bubbles IMO.

That tubing looks like it's low quality as well. I am looking for something that wont break down, and can be clean and used over and over. I was thinking the glass diffuses, but I have seen some people make pvc with small holes as their diffusers. All good options.

Thanks guys, keep the idea's coming.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Theres Wooden Diffusers , Ive not tried them but came across them while sifting thru..

Glass would work..

What kinda pump are you using that yer blowing out stones?

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Check out the EPDM wastewater style diffuser discs, they never clog or break. I think the brand name is EDI Flex Air, and sunlight carries them now too but not all the sizes.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I would build yourself an airlift style brewer and put these issues behind you. No way will those discs give you a better oxygen level vs the airlift / vortex brewer. They clean up much easier, cheap to build, virtually maintence free and you won't get any dead spots like you will using airstones. If your stuck on airstones though , maybe take a look at sweet water airstones or use a bigger disc like the other dude already mentioned

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

My brewer is an airlift, and bubbler disk. Thanks for the sweet water mention. They don't make bigger discs, I have blown out the 8'' and 10''.

juicey

juicey

I'm about to try some of these. No idea how well they will work and I'm only running a 35 watt pump.
Bubblemacairdiffusers.com

Top Bottom