Diffuser stuck

• Thread starter spinkus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

spinkus

My diffuser is stuck in my glass bong. Usually when it gets a little wet in the connection it can stick, but a thump or some taps always seems to free it up. This time this mother is stuck good! Has been for about a week now.

Anyone with experience with this happening to their glass bong please lead me in the right direction.

L

Lost

ISO to free up the crud in the sides. Alse heating the outside a little GENTLY so it expands a little..

S

spinkus

No crud, it's very, very clean. Also i've tried heating it 3-4 times now. Thanks for your input lost. This thing is in there good!

M

Minnibratt

Try twisting it..when its warm.. i move mine to see if it has play and if it does i try to twist it out..hard to explain...good luck

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Put fairly hot water in the bong and crush some ice and fill up the diffuser with it and the bong hole should expand and the diffuser should contract and they should separate.

S

spinkus

Sounds like a plan Tobor. I'll give it a try when I get back to the homestead.

B

Beasters X Haze

Either use a lighter to heat the GONG and separate or put it in the freezer ( if it's big enough)

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

I've had this happen to me a few times with 2 different Illadelphs. And what worked for me was, blaze a nice bowl out the bong, then take the slide out. And twist the diffuser up and hard as fuck.
The first time it happened to me, I was scared to be so rough with it so I had my diffuser stuck in the bong for a good month or so. Then I really just wanted it out one day. So I gave it some muscle and she jerked right out.
I'm not 100% sure but there is a chance you snap your diffuser doing this. But to me I figured if it breaks, its only about $20 to replace, and I would have bought a neck clip if I would have had to drive out to the head shop (30min drive).

Good luck with whatever ya do.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
dishwasher unless you have a bunch of work on it.

S

spinkus

Thanks for all the advice guys. Just got home, gonna clean up and then give some of these idea's a try.

Thanks again

B

Beasters X Haze

I use GONG joints all the time blowing glass, if we get one stuck i just flash it in the flame for like 1 second and it's free.

S

spinkus

Nothing Tobor. I tried your method, even leaving the bong in the freezer so the melty crushed ice turned rock hard in the diffuser. Then put some hot ass water in the bottom, turned it on it's side so the water was surrounding the whole joint. Nothing... I then filled it up with ice again, let it freeze up good, then hit the outside with a butane torch to expand the outside. Nothing... Then I started to get angry/impatient and gave Moe's way a try! I'm a big guy and I was giving this fucker hell. Nothing... I honestly thought I was gonna break the bong by twisting/pulling so hard. I also tried just heating it up with the torch also, no luck.

There's water stuck between the diffuser and the joint it slides into, thats why it's stuck. Now, I did notice something when I was just heating it up yesterday. The water started to boil when I was hitting it with the butane torch. Maybe i can evaporate off the water stuck in there and eventually free my diffuser? Question beasters x haze: How long can I heat this glass with this torch without damaging the integrity of the joint?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Wow I am surprised that didn't work. That is how we did lab bottle with glass on glass pieces.

Try some WD 40 spray and let it soak in or some olive oil. Get it right around the joint so if it is possible it will soak down in.

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-a-Stuck-Glass-Decanter-Stopper

I read where some people power spray PAM cooking spray into the glass joint and use the muscle method mentioned before.

B

Beasters X Haze

Tobor looks like he's got a decent idea going there, I'd maybe try that first. but use your torch and just hit the joint for a few seconds. i'm not that familiar with butane torches, but just flash it quick for a few secs, dont hold the torch on the joint for too long.. Borosilicate glass is very versatile for the most part. The strain point of the glass is 950 degrees F, so don't get it hotter than that.

true grit

true grit

Anybody got ideas on how to remove a broken piece? Got a sheldon black 3 piece that got knocked over tonite and mouthpiece broke off with part still stuck. Got a jagged edge I can barely get a plier on... any suggestions?

K

Kauphaart

The solution

This will work - drip some glycerin around the joint...let it sit for an hour or two, repeat if needed..and you should be able to remove the diffuser

D

DazedNconfussed

Maybe go to the auto parts store aqnd buy some "blaster"....spray it on and let sit for a bit....its a degreraser/lube combo..the oil will get rid of any water and replace with lube...then wash the hell out of the bong...I have never tried it cause never had this problem, but hey it works great heavy machinery bolts and nuts.....

Top Bottom