Digi Ballast bulb is dim??????

• Thread starter MitchyNugz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

I have a 600watt electronic galaxy ballast,its only a yr old been running fine,but i recently changed the bulb to a new hortilux and it was super dim from the get go after a couple days i unscrewed bulb and there was a black stain going about 2 inches up bulb from screw in point,so i borrowed a bulb from my buddy to see if it was different and when i used this bulb is started up perfect was super orange just like it should look,so i was happy now i unplugged the light this am and plugged back in and now it seems to be dim like the other bulb and i cant get it brighter back to the oraange hps,anyone have any ideas what the problem is,would it be something wrong with the ballast only thing i can think that would cause a problem would love to hear some answers so i can go snag a new ballast if its on the fritz but its only a yr old??????

thanks for looking

I

ibTheMan

sounds like a bad ballast if it messed up two different bulbs.

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

yah i have no idea really weird this bulb seems fine now,its back and fourth i think i will prolly get a new ballast to be safe cause something isnt right!

I

ibTheMan

If its only a year old, you should be under warranty for 2 more years, even if u didnt buy it new.

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

ya hopefully they work out something,ive been messing with it and it seems to get bright but not giving off the orange like it should be has anyone experienced this? when i started last night it was super orange?now back to a really bright yellow almost not like it should be.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have a 600watt electronic galaxy ballast,its only a yr old been running fine,but i recently changed the bulb to a new hortilux and it was super dim from the get go after a couple days i unscrewed bulb and there was a black stain going about 2 inches up bulb from screw in point,so i borrowed a bulb from my buddy to see if it was different and when i used this bulb is started up perfect was super orange just like it should look,so i was happy now i unplugged the light this am and plugged back in and now it seems to be dim like the other bulb and i cant get it brighter back to the oraange hps,anyone have any ideas what the problem is,would it be something wrong with the ballast only thing i can think that would cause a problem would love to hear some answers so i can go snag a new ballast if its on the fritz but its only a yr old??????

thanks for looking
Try a different bulb, I bet the digi's not getting it fired up. I have the same problem with some Lumatek bulbs a friend got me to try out and my Quantum ballast--it just won't fire them up.

And for me, that's yet ANOTHER reason to not waste my hard-earned $$$ on a fucking Horti bulb, overpriced gouging.

Try a cheap bulb, I betcha it'll fire up. PlantMax is a good, cheap bulb. Or, overdrive 400W HPS on the digi. It should work.

Venom818

Venom818

Try a different bulb, I bet the digi's not getting it fired up. I have the same problem with some Lumatek bulbs a friend got me to try out and my Quantum ballast--it just won't fire them up.

And for me, that's yet ANOTHER reason to not waste my hard-earned $$$ on a fucking Horti bulb, overpriced gouging.

Try a cheap bulb, I betcha it'll fire up. PlantMax is a good, cheap bulb. Or, overdrive 400W HPS on the digi. It should work.

how much is the plantmax bulb

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Ya i got one from buddy and it seems alot better them the hortilux,it was a dud i used the ge lucalox originally and had great results but its a lil more expensive but im gonna get another i really liked the bulb,gonna go tommorow to get one,and i also just remeber reading an article in one of the magazines about how there are no bulbs speciafically made for digi ballasts and some will have problems no matter what and burn out extra quick,but i agree its probly the ballast not liking the bulb,when i get my new one ill post results but if it blows it i will be pissed 2 bulbs down the drain lol my luck!

but im getting more cali connection gear so that makes me more happy,tried the alien bubba,alien dog and chem valley kush at buddies last night and they are insanity,the alien dog is super strong rips your head off thought i was abducted lol,so im gonna snag all the alien crosses local compassion club has them all in!

Latest posts

Top Bottom