digilux 600w metal halide

• Thread starter dirk d
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dirk d

dirk d

Just bought a couple of these and wondering what other peoples experience was with them. I have one hanging vertically connected to my galaxy digital ballast and the mh bulb has gone out 2 times and it's only been 1 week since i've had the new bulbs. thanks.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I've been tempted to try them since there are only a few true 600mh bulbs out there. Reports like GPRS have kept me away.

outwest

coloradochem

coloradochem

Ive got 3, all in all I guess I like em. Ive got 4 mnths on two, plants still grow under like they did new. I have had the fuckers shut them selves off several times, I always thought it was the lumatec, maybe not. Another thing I've noticed, its that their not much brighter than a 400.

dankworth

dankworth

I am running some 1k digilux MHs. 3 of 4 were stupid and had to be conditioned. I had to fire them up, where they schwarbled but did not completely illuminate, then unplug just after they self-extinguished, then plug them in again. I did this like half a dozen times per lamp.
I was guessing about this, that they had to warm up enough or burn something off or some stupid shit. It worked though, all fire perfectly from then on, no problems so far. Been like 6 weeks I think since I did this, 6-8 weeks maybe, can't remember exactly how long.

dankworth

dankworth

I am running some 1k digilux MHs. 3 of 4 were stupid and had to be conditioned. I had to fire them up, where they schwarbled but did not completely illuminate, then unplug just after they self-extinguished, then plug them in again. I did this like half a dozen times per lamp.
I was guessing about this, that they had to warm up enough or burn something off or some stupid shit. It worked though, all fire perfectly from then on, no problems so far. Been like 6 weeks I think since I did this, 6-8 weeks maybe, can't remember exactly how long.
They are overhead, horizontally oriented by the way in vented hoods.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I've heard so many complaints about digilux bulbs, I figure, why bother with them? Lots of trusted options on the market. I like to go with what's been proven to work consistently, Hortilux, Ushio, Plantmax.

dankworth

dankworth

I've heard so many complaints about digilux bulbs, I figure, why bother with them? Lots of trusted options on the market. I like to go with what's been proven to work consistently, Hortilux, Ushio, Plantmax.
It was the $55 before shipping per unit that convinced me. Looking to replace with a cooler option shortly.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Never had a prob w/ mine. Happy with it for the last year although it seems like its slowing down a bit now a could stand to be replaced w/ new.

It was the $55 before shipping per unit that convinced me. Looking to replace with a cooler option shortly.

Is there a cooler option?

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Plantmax bulbs are underrated imho. They are high quality and very affordable. $35-45 shipped on eBay. Most other bulbs in that price range are junk. Plantmax is the one exception I have found. Avoid the sunleaves bulbs and the cheap bulbs from htg supply.

dankworth

dankworth

Never had a prob w/ mine. Happy with it for the last year although it seems like its slowing down a bit now a could stand to be replaced w/ new.

Is there a cooler option?
Apparently the "true blue" lamp from the guys that also do the "real red" hps is the one to get. Saw one for $78 I think. Next MHs I will get will be these. Supposed to be awesome.

dirk d

dirk d

first time using metal halides. Figured it was me but not really sure. for some reason not many people make 600w metal halides that can be run vertical?? Trying to go metal halide for my first 2 weeks in flower.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

first time using metal halides. Figured it was me but not really sure. for some reason not many people make 600w metal halides that can be run vertical?? Trying to go metal halide for my first 2 weeks in flower.

That's what I've been doing - thru stretch - last time was 18 days. Seems to have really helped 'em stack better. Also supercrop quite a bit.

dorjewright

dorjewright

I've got 3, a 600 & 1000 hps and a 600mh. No problems; I like the hot start capability and they are really bright.

Top Bottom