digital ballast: dual 600 or 1000hps which would be better?

• Thread starter G.F. Greens
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

G.F. Greens

hi everybody
I've been using 1000's for a min and i was lookin to buy some new lights tryin to decide between a couple of dual 600's or stick with the 1000's was just wondering what people thought or if anyone had any feedback off their runs with the dual 600's or if anyone knew what the difference in overall yields between the two would be?
:help:

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
hi everybody
I've been using 1000's for a min and i was lookin to buy some new lights tryin to decide between a couple of dual 600's or stick with the 1000's was just wondering what people thought or if anyone had any feedback off their runs with the dual 600's or if anyone knew what the difference in overall yields between the two would be?
:help:

The dual 600 is cool but you basically have two 600w ballast end to end in the same case so it is two potiential problems if something goes wrong and if you have to service it, your down..it's 240v only as well

A single 1000w is the ticket for me, less problems and dual voltage

Tex

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

how big is your space!!!!! i read somewhere that 600hps puts out more lumens(measurement of light)per watt and penetrates the canopy better than the 1000 watters!!! and if you switch to 600 watters you still have your 1000 watters for back up if needed!!! djxx

K

kansasgrown

For that space I would go with 2 600's, air cooled hoods and a light mover. I would also only have plants in 4x11 giving you 2 feet on either side for maintenance.

G

G.F. Greens

yeah i got 2 1000's over a 4x8 table now, thinkin if i wanna try 4 6's

N

Nuglover

How deep is your canopy?600's will work great for 2ft plants, any bigger I'd go with 1000watters.

Top Bottom