Digital ballast problem

• Thread starter paulwarr41
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paulwarr41

Recently bought a new digital ballast from my local grow shop not sure of the make.The thing is everytime it switches on i loose my internet connection for the time it is on,tried changing the times slightly to make sure it is the ballast but still does it.Any feed back would be appreciated.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Your neighbors can also have a problem from your ballast and you might want to get a better one .

S

Sizzla

Sounds like your ballast isnt RF sheilded, which is why you're having problems with your internet. As Zoo mention your neighbors might also be having problems with there internet or TV. I'd suggest you turn that thing off ASAP and return it for a Mag ballast or exchange for a reputable brand digi thats RF sheilded, last thing you want is to come home to some cable guy pointing a RF meter right at your grow room.

U

ukcheesehead

ive had no problems with my digi if anything it makes my tv better lol so happy i was gifted it thanks again OH

L

Litemup

First, R U sure it is Digital? Is your Internet access wireless or direct from a modem?
An earlier ballast style with a wirerless conection can happen due to RF interference as stated in other reply due to frequency leakage.
The advise given was good, return ASAP to shop & don't buy there again. The sale of cheap items is not what you want given the stealth needed & safety as well as eficiency needed in these time.
Shop for your equipment as you would for a car or Tele, Reaserch and ask questions.

P

paulwarr41

Thanks for all the replies and advice.I intend to take it back to the place i got it from as soon as possible

S

Stackin Paper

ive had no problems with my digi if anything it makes my tv better lol so happy i was gifted it thanks again OH

Done well, a free digi ballast, can't argue with that.

Nice1 OH:smoke

Spend a few extra dollars paul and the ballast will come RF sheilded i bet ya, if you don't know the make and it don't have it written on it then its a cheap and nasty 1, get ya'self a name brand and you'll be good to go.

G

goshin

hi,

yes, they have cables in general special…
but much are manufactured in CHINA…

there is 1 year I placed order for 2 = first functioned 18 days… :evilgrin0040: Return to the growshop !!!
Second broke 6 weeks AFTER ! ! !
:(
since 91 that I cultivate and that is the first time that I am made SWINDLE like that… !!!
digital ballast = bad memory for me...
LOL !

P

paulwarr41

Thanks for all the feedback have now changed the ballast and up to now broadband not cut out.

S

Sizzla

Glad you got that fixed paul !!! It sucks that you couldnt post a pic or brand of the ballast so newbies could have stayed away from them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom