Digital Ballast

• Thread starter banditxiv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
banditxiv

banditxiv

I'm looking for some good quality digital ballast.I been looking around I was thinking of the quantum.for the price those sound pretty good.what do you guys think?

420circuit

420circuit

The iPowers were real cheap and have held up fine for 3 years for me, no complaints. I think there is not enough difference with the high end brands to justify their price. These were so cheap that I keep a spare.:cool:

Power OG

Power OG

I just ordered a 1000w Next-Gen digital ballast for 142.95, the power is good and you can get the nanolux for a good price, virtual sun also good.
Positive Vibes

banditxiv

banditxiv

I just looked those ipowers up there 239 each that's up there in price with the high end brands.I saw x2 quantums on eBay for around 280 for both.I wonder if the price went up since you bough yours.

banditxiv

banditxiv

Also will it make a difference in my pgne bill?compared to the old magnetic ballast.

Power OG

Power OG

Next gen 1000w is 129.00, nanolux is 151.00, and the ipower is 100.00, all rite now on eBay, look up 1000w ballast. I just ordered my ballast over the weekend.
Respect

Power OG

Power OG

Here you go.
Screenshot 2015 02 11 19 22 06
Screenshot 2015 02 11 19 22 51
Screenshot 2015 02 11 19 24 54

420circuit

420circuit

If power consumption is a concern you could use 600s, they are supposed to be more efficient, better bang for buck. Depends how much light you really need.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Out my way I have seen the Galaxy Grow Amp ballast for $175.

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Next gen SUCKS and has been off the market for probably 2-3 years now. Nobody to back up warranty.

Nanolux is not bad. Call my boys at Healthy Harvest (in Pembroke Pines FL) and they'll hook you up. Just bought ePaps & Aptus from them for the HOOKUP.

Look at Lumatek, Solistek & Hortilux gold ballasts on the higher end.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

I grabbed an e ballast mini, sleek, 3 fans, runs nice and cool, 3 year warranty
Got it for 200 with light cord and cheap hood

J

jeff1962

The new solisteck with the remote control has so much rf intetfetence that the cable man came to my house sunday morning at 9:30..I replaced it with galaxys grow amps...197 have bucks

Puffntuff

Puffntuff

I have wifi running directv an xbox1 a ps4 without any interference. My flower room is inbetween 2 bedrooms that have tvs and game systems running

banditxiv

banditxiv

What do you guys think about the ipower ballast?I been looking into all hard to decide.

420circuit

420circuit

Zero issues with iPower, best deal I could find and after 3 years still working fine. Get from eBay, Amazon or Woot, whoever is cheapest, and the sellers usually offer bundle deals with hoods and lamps. I have not seen any substantial difference between bulbs either, I have replaced bulbs after a year, most recently with iPower bulbs after having a couple more expensive ones fail. The Digilux bulb seemed to yield slightly higher, but not sure that it was the bulb, may have been that it was new, not actually better. I moved the ballasts to a different room, where it is cooler, and mounted to a board on the wall with spacers to keep it cool, although there is a fan inside.
Ballasts mounting

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Also will it make a difference in my pgne bill?compared to the old magnetic ballast.

Not noticeably but from my understanding you will squeeze a few more lumens out of the same lamp.
This is what I was told at a hydro store anyway

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Zero issues with iPower, best deal I could find and after 3 years still working fine. Get from eBay, Amazon or Woot, whoever is cheapest, and the sellers usually offer bundle deals with hoods and lamps. I have not seen any substantial difference between bulbs either, I have replaced bulbs after a year, most recently with iPower bulbs after having a couple more expensive ones fail. The Digilux bulb seemed to yield slightly higher, but not sure that it was the bulb, may have been that it was new, not actually better. I moved the ballasts to a different room, where it is cooler, and mounted to a board on the wall with spacers to keep it cool, although there is a fan inside.View attachment 484854
I like your spacers,what are those co-ax cable ends?Cant tell from pics but those ballasts will run a tad cooler mounted vertically vs horizontally due to the cooling fins and convective air.

420circuit

420circuit

Yup cable wire connections and drywall screws, was better than a stack of washers. Dealing with some physical issues so located with access in mind, can easily use the switch and get to the plug. I used to turn down to 50% for the first few days of flowering, but now just raise the hoods and always run at 100%. Not understanding why other ballasts cost so much, these work fine. There is a concept called the, point of diminishing returns, spending a lot more for a slight improvement, which I am convinced also applies to bulbs. Spending $80 when a $12 one works 95% as well only makes sense in a commercial grow and even that could be argued. So yeah, iPower works until some other China shop sells them cheaper.

Top Bottom