digital ballasts

• Thread starter tygable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tygable

I'm wanting to know which digital ballast is the best. I have heard a lot about ballasts flickering. and the AN brand badass has a new ballast out that stops that from happening. anyone know of a good ballast and bulb combination that does this other than the badas brand? in another thread I heard that ushio bulbs and solis tek ballsts work well together. I want to know what digital ballast is proven to last, and what bulbs go good with it. thanks guys and gals.

ty

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

I searched lumetek and and digital ballast, and these were in the 1st four or five threads that came up...

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I personally like the Galaxy select a watt 400-600-1000w ballasts from Sunlight Supply. I can run 1000 in the cold winter and 600 in the hot summer. I can also use them to veg with a 400w mh and then flower with a higher watt hps in the same room with the same ballast. One ballast to rule them all. $260/ea at Plantlightinghydroponics.

phenotyper

phenotyper

I really like my lumateks. I just ordered another dial-a-watt 600. 1000w magnetic ballast just gaining dust.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

FYI the solis tek ballasts do the same thing as the adjusta watt, plus they have an extra high output feature called solis boost that is like the lumatek super lumen feature. Additionally the galaxies and lumateks require that you turn off power to the ballasts during room change if you are using a flip box where the solis teks integrate seamlessly. Further solis teks have staggered start up so even if you have 6 lights coming on at the same time they will delay ignition across a 5 second time frame so that you dont trip your circut on power up. All of these features are available for the same price as the Galaxies or Lumateks and the Solis Teks include 2 sets of power cords (one for 120 and one for 240). I have purchased galaxies, Phantoms, lumateks, next gens and Solis teks and I am absolutely sold on the Solis Teks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom