Digital benefits

• Thread starter LBH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LBH

LBH

any energy savings or longer life or other bennies or is it strictly to lower heat. I keep mine outside the room so the heat aspect is kinda moot. Efficiency, savings, that I might be interested in but if it's just a heat thing....

I

ibTheMan

The new one have super lumans with is nice(just makes um a true 1000w,cause digitals set on standard only use 895 watts). Less heat, bulbs are brighter longer

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

They make no noise either, and you can run lower wattage bulbs with a larger ballast, or dim or brighten your full wattage bulb.

I

ibTheMan

Oh yah your right, so with most new 1000w digitals you can run a 600w bulb, 750w bulb, 1000w, super lumans.

M

mrduke

the heat is not the big of a difference. the main thing i found with my quantums are they put out RF which will wreck your internet,tv or any other wireless devices you have. I've had to replace my att modem three time in less than 18 months. not cool. also some bulbs dont work on digitals and will shorten the bulb life if not pop them

F

f1ydave

My digital ballasts don't give off any RF that I have noticed. NextGen 1000w x 4.

Cordless phones work fine, cell phones, wifi and pc next to rooms.

Top Bottom