Digital Bulbs VS Non Digital Bulbs

• Thread starter paulycali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paulycali

What the REAL deal " facts only please " regarding digtal light bulbs in comparison to non digital light bulbs?

Also looking for a list that tells you which bulbs work best with your ballast

Thanks farmers

G

GBOOST

Sunpulse are the only lamp I have come across that is specifically designed for a digital ballast, I am going to run 1 room with sunpulses and 1 room on horti's on my next run on a flip, same strain, same system so results will show. They gaurantee them for 2 years on approved digital ballasts, so we'll see how each goes.

Anyone know of another brand that are doing specific digital lamps yet? I heard someone say Ushio Hilux lamps are, but could not find confirmation these were specifically designed for digital ballasts.

Ozzie

G

GBOOST

Do you have any links to specific info saying Ushio are digital specific? I spent a few hours looking yesterday, and even on their site couldn't find an ounce of info to specify that they were designed for digital ballasts.

Ozzie

P

paulycali

Wondering if there just saying digital since thats the new thing. Could just be a bunch of bologne.

F

FileError404

Just bought a Lumatek ballast with Lumatek bulb. Not fired up, yet but I'll post results in the near future. Have used Magnetics and Hortilux until now.

C

ClearWater

Im running 8 600w sunpulse 3k spectrum bulbs for bloom and Im loving them

G

GBOOST

Im running 8 600w sunpulse 3k spectrum bulbs for bloom and Im loving them

Is this your first run with them?? I would be interested to hear your feedback on yield once your run is finished compared to usual, as from everything I hear from people, they are a great lamp but yield suffers by up to 30%.

Ozzie

C

CanadianClassic

ya im running 2 600 watt Lumatek Digi ballasts with 2 Solarmax high output 600w HPS lights and they work great but i was unaware of specific bulbs built just for digi ballasts....anyone know if you can buy them in Canada??

Goodluck with the Ladies!!!

devious d

devious d

hi all just come across digilux bulbs digital ballast designed in urban garden magazine made by nextgen digital ballast [email protected] going to look into it myself but am in the uk you american guys should be able to get on this one quicker, but just gone over to digital ballasts myself hadnt had any bulb problems as yet but wanted to be on top of it

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
been using sunpulses for about a year and just bought my new 6.4K 600 watters. Great bulbs. Only non conversion MH's for 600's I know of. Yield is good and havent had one burn out yet out of 4 bulbs. I run lumateks so I stay away from Horti's.

G

GBOOST

So why is it great if you lose yield, I don't get it...

General consensis is far nicer or better QUALITY bud than usual with better trichome production, but less yield. Not everyone is concerned with quantity.

Ozzie

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

I'm running a couple 600 w sunpulse over the chem 4s i have going and I am impressed. I notice the plants keep a healthier look to them, they seem to process in a more natural way than the 1000 hps I have going. I'm getting yields that are just fine, not as big as the 1000s in bud size, but you know, 400 watts makes a difference, now I'd like to fire up some 1000 w 3ks and see how they do. But I must admit, I think I'd switch to sunpulse if I could afford it, sunpulse reps reading, sponsor? lol.

P

paulycali

I talked to the guys over at nexgen cap controllers and they are currently under going tests on the new digital bulbs. They only recieved them about 2 weeks ago and so far they say the bulbs are great. i am still trying to get those guys to send me a bulb to test out. we will see what happens

F

FileError404

General consensis is far nicer or better QUALITY bud than usual with better trichome production, but less yield. Not everyone is concerned with quantity.

Ozzie

Really? The general consensus? Those bulbs are out for what? 1 year max? And we know already that quality is better? In what system? With which strains? With which nutes?

I'm not saying it's impossible but I think the jury is still out and will be for quite a while.

G

GBOOST

"the general consensus" of those who have run them in the peroid of time they have been out. What strains? The ones they grew either side by side to a hps or had had multiple runs of the same strain and system before switching nothing but lamps and noticed an improvement in quality but a drop in yield. Shit dude, do some research, I have done as much reading on them as I could as I have 12 of their 1000 watt 3k's, 2x 600 watt 6.4ks and 1x1000 watt 6.4k's, I would prefer yield over quality, so I'm definately not her to praise them for better quality, but I'm given them a go, I'll be running them side by side in the same system and strain to compare to something else, then I can PERSONALLY answer your questions;)

Hey Pauly, which lamps are next gen testing? Their own or something else?

Ozzie

S

SSHZ

Bought 2 of the Hilux about 6 weeks ago (1000 watters) for about $80 each. Impressed so far with no complaints. No where on the box does it state "for digital ballest only" but they are made in Germany- and I was told buy bulbs made out of the U.S. for digital ballasts so I did.

Top Bottom