Digital Timer Problems???

• Thread starter OilFreak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OilFreak

Ive had lotsa growshows over the years but I have a problem that Im wondering if anyone else has experienced. Those stupid digital timers that you buy for controlling your lights - the cheap ones with the round white face...

Ive noticed that if the internal clock battery is dead that the product will not ever work again. Ive gone thru half a dozen of these stupid things to get one that worked.

I buy them, dont use them for a while, or quit using them for awhile and when I goto use them again the internal clock is dead, nothing showing. So I plug it in to charge it up. It charges. But it doesnt work. I program it, reprogram it, have my friends check it, etc...it still doesnt work...trashcan!

I bought a new unit one time that had a dead internal battery, dude said it would work fine after charging...took it home, charged it up, it didnt work, got a refund.

Anybody else having these problems? Any solutions? What BRAND of timers do you use? Ive tried Titan Controls, etc...no luck all trash!
OilFreak

I

ibTheMan

Most ever digital timers can/will fuck up once and ah while.

Most of them just need to be reset with that tiny little reset button and theyll work again fine.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

batteries have to be continually charged and discharged to remain viable,try not starting your car for 6 months and then trying to start it.

dankworth

dankworth

Don't fuck with digital timers. They are not your friend.
I govern everything possible with the analog timers with the captive trippers.
No more problems.
Too easy for things to go wrong with digital timers.
Even if they don't fuck up, you are a stoner.
Analog is more stonerproof.
And less failure-prone.
During a power outage all will remain synchronized if you have all identical analog timers.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Don't fuck with digital timers. They are not your friend.
I govern everything possible with the analog timers with the captive trippers.
No more problems.
Too easy for things to go wrong with digital timers.
Even if they don't fuck up, you are a stoner.
Analog is more stonerproof.
And less failure-prone.
During a power outage all will remain synchronized if you have all identical analog timers.

Word.

Analog is not fool proof, but it IS more fool-resistant.
It's also easy to check at a glance.
Inexpensive.
KISS = Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Unnecessary complexity will wreck a good grow and drive the grower nuts in the process.

P.S. Ever gotten a repair bill for a Mercedes or a BMW? There's a reason why it's ridiculous compared to a Taurus, and it's not just the fancy badge.

Top Bottom