Diluting Super Soil

• Thread starter zoneblazed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zoneblazed

zoneblazed

hello everyone!

I think I messed up and I need some help. So about three months ago I mixed up some super soil (thoroughly aged and turned many times during cook cycle) but my indoor grow plans changed and I haven't been able to use it. I've got a perpetual SOG going now in 1 gallon pots.
So I wanted to put that Super soil to use somehow so I thought I would just dilute it for use as regular soil. Mixed 1:1:2:1 SS, Kellogg patio plus, coco , perlite.

I have two clones that have been vegging in one gallon of that mix for like 5 days now and there's very very little growth if any!!

MY QUESTION IS:
Did I fry the roots??? My SOG is falling behind now because those plants should have grown 2 inches by now!! WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Sorry, hope this all makes sense

Just checked runoff ppm and it was at 2120. Don't know if that means anything. But I've had ffof wayyyy hotter than that.
Thanks in advance.

zoneblazed

zoneblazed

Here are some pictures. One looks fine and one looks a little toasty but it got burned a little in my cutting mix, I put too much EWC.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
hello everyone!

I think I messed up and I need some help. So about three months ago I mixed up some super soil (thoroughly aged and turned many times during cook cycle) but my indoor grow plans changed and I haven't been able to use it. I've got a perpetual SOG going now in 1 gallon pots.
So I wanted to put that Super soil to use somehow so I thought I would just dilute it for use as regular soil. Mixed 1:1:2:1 SS, Kellogg patio plus, coco , perlite.

I have two clones that have been vegging in one gallon of that mix for like 5 days now and there's very very little growth if any!!

MY QUESTION IS:
Did I fry the roots??? My SOG is falling behind now because those plants should have grown 2 inches by now!! WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Sorry, hope this all makes sense

Just checked runoff ppm and it was at 2120. Don't know if that means anything. But I've had ffof wayyyy hotter than that.
Thanks in advance.
You probably did fry the plant but if you just keep watering then the levels will come down in the soil. My guess is your ph was off... did you check input and runoff ph? And you need to rinse the white film off the leaves.

zoneblazed

zoneblazed

The white film is a diatomaceous earth spray I did for some gnats.
But thanks for your input!!
You think the plants will be stunted for a while Til they grow some stronger roots? This sucks, but now I know!!

zoneblazed

zoneblazed

You probably did fry the plant but if you just keep watering then the levels will come down in the soil. My guess is your ph was off... did you check input and runoff ph? And you need to rinse the white film off the leaves.
Ok I checked my soil ph by putting 2 ounces of my soil from a few inches down the pot, into two ounces of distilled water. I let that sit for a few hours. My meter read 6.5. Runoff ph was about 6.2 and my tap water is 6.4.

So would you say it's just too strong for small clones? Guess I'll just save my super soil for when I move and can use it outdoors.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Ok I checked my soil ph by putting 2 ounces of my soil from a few inches down the pot, into two ounces of distilled water. I let that sit for a few hours. My meter read 6.5. Runoff ph was about 6.2 and my tap water is 6.4.

So would you say it's just too strong for small clones? Guess I'll just save my super soil for when I move and can use it outdoors.
I would bump up the ph to around 6.8 to 7. Youll see a huge change in your plants.

zoneblazed

zoneblazed

Is dolomite lime effective if mixed in right before transplanting? Or do my mixes need to cook with it to adjust the pH properly?

Also what if I top dressed with some dolomite lime? Would that help in the short term?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I would bump up the ph to around 6.8 to 7. Youll see a huge change in your plants.
i agree with gt,i dont tink you can put to much ewc in ,your super soil ,i think you might be mislead a bit,even sub cool mix isnt for a straight run in it,not sure anyway ,what i do is start in solo cups,then up pot to 1gal,when them roots hit bottom transplant into super soil,plant is already established and will shock for sure,you just put it in steriods,the super soil is for your transplant to sit in ,by this im talking about taking you rtransplant putting in final pot building the super soil around it ,mykos in hole then transplant,,to me all soil is super,but idea behind it is to have all that good shit when its most important,flowers right,those plants will come around,and they seem slowed because roots havent hit bottom of pot yet,tip dont use any more nutrients till the plant ask for it,even threw the burn you are still dark green so plenty of nitrogen from ewc working,never seen anyone spray diametouse earth,but ya i would get that off,and get you a old coffee creamer container or something you can put holes in the lid and just like adding salt and pepper shake a little on top of soil,but you have knats at this stage you are over watering for sure

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Is dolomite lime effective if mixed in right before transplanting? Or do my mixes need to cook with it to adjust the pH properly?

Also what if I top dressed with some dolomite lime? Would that help in the short term?
everyone always jump to say yes here,thing is lime will stablize your soil at nuetral 7,some strains grow good some dont,but topdressing never did any good when i first started,lime will stay in your soil and doesnt break down as you may think stays in there long time,and yes it does need cooked in if you use it,,top dressing ewc hell ya go hard but stay away from the lime you ph is good in and out,,give it time it will come back,think this way ,if that was in your front yard and you mowed it down 8 out of 10 chances it will grow right back,i think you let them roots hit bottom of pot you will see it blast off,and lean your pots for feel of when they need water,you doing all right except one thing,your over thinking it,that soil looks pretty good and from looking at it you shouldnt even need to feed nothing but water,just tips hope it helps

zoneblazed

zoneblazed

Thanks everyone!
I figured out the gnats were from my overwatering. I get too excited and can't wait to water may babies! That, and they all need water in different days. I also have been brewing tea for them once a week, and when I do that I usually feed all the plants with it even if they don't need water because I don't want the tea to go bad. But AACTs are fine if left bubbling more than 24 hours right? Like could I keep a batch going for 3 days and feed plants as they need it?

Also what if I only ever watered every time with a weak AACT so that i don't have to keep track of who needs feeding still?

I make things wayyyy too complex. I've got 16 plants right now with almost all of them in a different soil mixture. And keeping notes on growth rates. It's fun and I'm learning loads. Also about to start a breeding project with some colloidal silver and a cross of SnowcapXplatinum GSC.

Here's a pic of my ultra ghetto cardboard grow cab

Top Bottom