Dinafem Super Silver ScrOG (then SOG) [soil + CFLs]

• Thread starter ourkansaw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ourkansaw

ourkansaw

yep plants are doing very well..
what are you feeding them with

Thanks! I'm of the less-is-more school of thought when it comes to fertilizer. I started with an organic potting soil, mixed in some Espoma Plant-tone (less than label recommended), and since then I've top dressed a half-dose of Happy Frog fruit and flower dry fert. Depending on how she does, I might or might not feed some more of that in a month or so.

jagle

jagle

ya i was just wondering cos you havent mentioned and the plant looks very healthy, doesnt look like it needs it. good job.
tho i would break out a bloom booster to help the plant create those slightly bigger buds to make up for the less then perfect light setup

ourkansaw

ourkansaw

ya i was just wondering cos you havent mentioned and the plant looks very healthy, doesnt look like it needs it. good job.
tho i would break out a bloom booster to help the plant create those slightly bigger buds to make up for the less then perfect light setup

At this point I don't really see the need to buy any other ferts. The Happy Frog is a "fruit and flower" fertilizer, so I figure it's helping at least a little bit with bud size. I'm expecting this one plant to produce like 1/3 to half my entire annual consumption as it is, so I don't really need to boost the production too much.

jagle

jagle

well added weight is a bonus, the added taste and flavors the flowering boosters can also enhance are the big reason i use them.
even a dash of any pk booster couldnt hurt. thats all im saying

ourkansaw

ourkansaw

well added weight is a bonus, the added taste and flavors the flowering boosters can also enhance are the big reason i use them.
even a dash of any pk booster couldnt hurt. thats all im saying

Oh, I didn't mean to say you were wrong! I just can't really justify another purchase at this point, especially when the plant seems to be doing pretty well as-is. It's definitely something I plan to add into my fertilizer mix at some point.

YarraSparra

YarraSparra

Really lovely grow Ourkansaw.
With such low consumption, is this your grow for the year?

YS

ourkansaw

ourkansaw

4 weeks 3 days of a 10 - 11 week strain

Yeah, and some people who've grown this one say it goes more like 14 weeks, though they might be counting all of 12/12.

Really lovely grow Ourkansaw.
With such low consumption, is this your grow for the year?

YS

It might have been except I want to keep a clone of these genetics going forward, so I'm switching to a perpetual grow. I'll be moving in a few months, though, so I'm trying to decide how to best manage that. Definitely won't be transporting the ScrOG, but may try to do so with some smaller plants. Or I may just cut everything except one small clone and restart with that once I'm settled in.

ourkansaw

ourkansaw

Just decided to take some better shots of the clones, since the one I took above had the lights in the way. Here are a couple shots, first one showing all the clones, and then one showing a closeup of Snap (the clone I rooted from a branch I accidentally snapped 22 days into 12/12).

Ss2012 06 13SOG

Ss2012 06 13Snap

I also took a really premature sample from a side branch on the ScrOG that keeps getting damaged by one of the SOG reflectors. It's just the tiniest popcorn nug from a light-deprived corner, but it still looks tasty enough to me! I'll refrain from giving a full smoke report until it's done flowering, but I'll be sure to update you on how this sample smokes once it's dried:

Ss2012 06 13sample1

Ss2012 06 13sample2

ourkansaw

ourkansaw

Just wanted to add a couple more photos, with a measuring tape so you can get a better sense of the scale we're talking about. I took these the night before last (Day 47 of 12/12), but didn't have a chance to post them until now. Anyhow, here ya go... (1) a canopy shot; (2) a closeup of one of the 4 main colas; and (3) a SOG shot just thrown in for good measure.

Ss2012 06 15canopy2

Ss2012 06 15cola2

Ss2012 06 15SOG

derelict

derelict

great scrog dude! love those pics of the buds, they look so tasty! she's a keeper..

jagle

jagle

coming along really well for a cfl micro grow. congrats dude, those buds are shaping up nicely

P

PokaToka

Just some photos from a couple days ago, decided it's time to do a quick update. As you can see, I'm focusing more on close-up shots right now, but I'll take a canopy shot one of these days, I promise. Photos:

View attachment 229893View attachment 229894View attachment 229895View attachment 229896View attachment 229897View attachment 229898View attachment 229899View attachment 229900View attachment 229901
Duuuddde ur silver looks AWEsome! i got that same freebie from attitude, but my silver didnt' turn out near that great. My cheese is badass tho...ur just veging under cfls?or flowering too? Im in the big ark. u?

ourkansaw

ourkansaw

Duuuddde ur silver looks AWEsome! i got that same freebie from attitude, but my silver didnt' turn out near that great. My cheese is badass tho...ur just veging under cfls?or flowering too? Im in the big ark. u?

Thanks! I'm vegging and flowering under cfls. Right now it's around day 60 of 12/12, so just about halfway done.

And I prefer to not say where I live. Paranoia and all ;-).

ourkansaw

ourkansaw

I'm way overdue for an update here, just got back from vacation yesterday. Plants looking pretty good for having been unattended for over a week. I'll post pictures sometime tonight, so get excited! Looking much denser and resinous than those earlier ones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom