Active ingredients:
Indole-3-acetic acid 1.0%
1-Napthalenaecetic acid .5%

other ingredients 98.5%

size of bottle is 60ml

To make your own.....

add .6 grams of Indole-3-acetic acid
add .3 grams of 1-Napthalenaecetic acid
then top up to the 60ml mark and shake till dissolves.

Both IAA and NAA are water soluable

This will make your concentrate.

to use add concentrate to water in whatever ratio works best (not sure on this yet)

4ml concentrate to 30 ml water they have marked at 5X
4ml concentrate to 60 ml water they have marked at 10X
4ml concentrate to 90 ml water they have marked at 15X
4ml concentrate to 120 ml water they have marked at 20X

Product label says to submerge cut end of cutting in diluted solution for 3-5 seconds

My "guess" is you could probably soak a weaker solution longer and a stronger solution for less time. But thats just a guess.

budboy299

budboy299

oh and commercial products usually have some preservatives in them....so this may need to be stored in a refrigerator or freezer till used.

Hermitian

Hermitian

Just for fun, read the small print on any of these rooting compounds where it says something like "Not for use on plants grown for human consumption". Yes, its a violation of federal law because I3A and 1NA are carcinogens. The quickest way to close a dispensary or revoke a growers license is to check the product for residue of either compound. If this concerns you, then the alternative is to dip your cuttings in dilute seaweed extract, then dip or dust them with perlite dust or vermiculite dust, then place them in plug trays. Now of course, the carcinogen law is completely ignored by commercial agriculture -- organic or otherwise. They buy Dip-N-Gro in 50-gallon drums. Actually if you want cheap Dip-N-Gro go to a wholesale agricultural supplier and buy it in the 5 or 50 gallon containers.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
just dont get it on your skin and youll be fine

seaslug

seaslug

Cloner1
Bumping the thread because . . .

I just made a four gallon bubble cloner and put in 2ml of Dip'N Grow. Is 0.5ml per gallon too much for this application?

Last edited:
Quagmire

Quagmire

I tried expensive cloning gels, powders, honey, etc etc.. Dip-n-grow for $9.95 not only lasted me years on my small scale of things, but always got me 99% rooted cuts. And, some strain in just 3days using a plastic chicken container you get pre-cooked chickens in from Wally World. 6-8 cuts in RR PLugs and walla. My trick to keep the cuts from spinning and ripping fine hair roots beginning to form was to pluck tiny amounts off the edge of the plugs and cram it in the stem hold to tighten up the grip on the stem.. also, don't be afraid to push them cuts until it hits your finger on the bottom using plugs.. and #1: Make your final cut right thru the node region..at 45 degree angle.. but mot of all, whatever you find that works for you.. stick to it. never change. save ya many headaches.. lol

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
View attachment 473067 Bumping the thread because . . .

I just made a four gallon bubble cloner and put in 2ml of Dip'N Grow. Is 0.5ml per gallon too much for this application?

curious how that worked out for you - its not really meant to be used as a rooting solution - just as a pre treatment - but I saw a thread somewhere were somebody soaked the rw cubes the same way

I tried expensive cloning gels, powders, honey, etc etc.. Dip-n-grow for $9.95 not only lasted me years on my small scale of things, but always got me 99% rooted cuts. And, some strain in just 3days using a plastic chicken container you get pre-cooked chickens in from Wally World. 6-8 cuts in RR PLugs and walla. My trick to keep the cuts from spinning and ripping fine hair roots beginning to form was to pluck tiny amounts off the edge of the plugs and cram it in the stem hold to tighten up the grip on the stem.. also, don't be afraid to push them cuts until it hits your finger on the bottom using plugs.. and #1: Make your final cut right thru the node region..at 45 degree angle.. but mot of all, whatever you find that works for you.. stick to it. never change. save ya many headaches.. lol

all sound techniques and I love the use of the chicken containers - keep it fucking green!

seaslug

seaslug

My cloning abilities totally suck. I'll have almost decent results with a method and then beginner's luck goes away or something. Anyway, that photo is a rehabilitated Botanicare aerocloner. The water pump quit early (bad magdrive alignment) but I wasn't getting any results, besides. Amazon sells the square plastic planter boxes and they come water tight--just a single small hole, plugged, at the bottom.

So I tried the DipNgrow until mold permeated the water. My Blumat res get this as well--white, oxygen loving mold about the same density as water.

This tray had all the cut areas turning brown so when I replaced the water I cut 3/16 inch off each stem. I'm not expecting much but I add 0.5ml bleach every day--to plain tap water--and no more mold. The DipNgrow did prompt one cutting to try growing a little branch up to the foam. I've transplanted that one to coco but I don't expect it to live because there was no action at the bottom.

I will try another round of clones using DipNGrow at the start and then add bleach every day. (The chlorine dissipates quickly in the "boiling" water bubbles.) The plan is to reveg my currently flowering plants and clone from there.

The oxygen causes the water pH to rise, I believe. I've been lowering it to 6.5 every four days or so.

Last edited:
M

motz

I find a toothpick closes those slots up nicely

Quagmire

Quagmire

Whatever works right Motz.. I learned the hard way just how much longer it takes to root cuttings when you fail to lock them in place.. just the slightest movement and all them fine hair roots rip and have to start all over.. in the end I was rooting clones in 3 days..

seaslug

seaslug

Update: WOW, that tray I thought was trashed--12 out of 13 cuttings sprung roots after I put them in 4in plastic pots filled with coco and watered with half strength MaxiGro solution. That's 92% success rate, my best cloning results by far. I don't know how much credit to give Dip'N Grow but I'll be using it next time for sure.

I had the cuttings slightly into the water and the agitation must have prevented roots in the cloner--a couple started roots in the slit of the foam puck. So, the water level will be lower for the next round. I plan to transfer from the cloner to coco after a week, with or without root starts.

Last edited:
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Dip N Grow for the win. Love this stuff and cheap. Congrats @seaslug

seaslug

seaslug

I should add, the cloner is in an alcove with an oil-filled space heater set @ 71F while the coco pots are in a 76F space, heated by over 500W of fluorescents. Lights have been on 24hr/day in each case.

homebrew420

homebrew420

No hormone takes anout 2 weeks for roots with a crappy setup. and about a week and a half using aloe. I know stupid but we had to try haha. Dip and grow is as good as any.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

So how much din n grow should be used for every gallon in dwc??

Gardenguy2.0

Gardenguy2.0

I clone with phd water. Always got better results with plain water than any cloning gel

Top Bottom