Dirtbags Hydroponics Thread.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
amekins

amekins

Well, today was my last official day at my job, a place I worked for the past 13 years, I left early and spent the day working for myself. Felt pretty amazing.

Having a couple beers to celebrate tonight with some good tunes. Here is to 13 years in the trenches, and many more as my own boss with my own business.🍻

Now playing

Congratulations on your new beginning!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Well, today was my last official day at my job, a place I worked for the past 13 years, I left early and spent the day working for myself. Felt pretty amazing.

Having a couple beers to celebrate tonight with some good tunes. Here is to 13 years in the trenches, and many more as my own boss with my own business.🍻

Now playing

Congratulations and best of luck

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Now playing

There goes the easy pay check...Now there's no weekends, vacations, stat holidays, sick days & pay days aren't nearly as much fun. I won't get into your employees fking with your plans for a day off. Congratulations on biting the bullet and taking the jump its not easy on your own but being your own boss is awesome. Good Luck !

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

Now playing

That’s so gratifying....congratulations to you!!! The best years are ahead!!!!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
When a plant from your last crop was so runty that you forget about it and it lurks in the corner of your current grow..

PS.. clean your fans, dirtbag...
20210314 223606

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I must say I like the way this last crop of spiked punch is burning. Very enjoyable smoke. Flavorful, and burns like a cigarette.
I was reading a while back you talking about a silica additive you were using. I use the GH flora trio in promix, with t5's is there a product you could recommend to help my veg growing. I'm not having any issues per say but if it's something I could use to help strengthen and build bigger badder...then why not.
I don't retain very long ( a med problem ) so excuse my ignorance after reading and smoking and.....whooooosh.....WTF was that?
😊😊😊

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I was reading a while back you talking about a silica additive you were using. I use the GH flora trio in promix, with t5's is there a product you could recommend to help my veg growing. I'm not having any issues per say but if it's something I could use to help strengthen and build bigger badder...then why not.
I don't retain very long ( a med problem ) so excuse my ignorance after reading and smoking and.....whooooosh.....WTF was that?
😊😊😊

Yeah I use both calcium silicate and potassium silicate. The added silica certainly seems to help make stronger branches.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah I use both calcium silicate and potassium silicate. The added silica certainly seems to help make stronger branches.
I was looking at Armor Si on my next nute order but they have Pro Silicate a cheaper version and ah ...well...I'm cheap, is one better than the other? or is it just marketing whoop-law that makes GH more expensive?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hallelujah!!! I've turned beer Into water with no leaks.
Took almost a 24 of hazy pale ale to get this project done, but we did it! And the Mastercraft pump is not leaking.
I can now move the family back in... lol.
20210315 180724

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I was looking at Armor Si on my next nute order but they have Pro Silicate a cheaper version and ah ...well...I'm cheap, is one better than the other? or is it just marketing whoop-law that makes GH more expensive?
Marketing whoop. But some is more concentrated than others... I use this stuff, pure and pours thick like glue. A $12 bottle lasts me a couple years.
Potassium silicate web

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Is that filter supposed to be black? If so how do you know when it needs replacing?

No, I'll be changing that promptly. When I disconnected the pump some water backflooded the lines and stirred up sediment in my cisterns. Happens every time I change the pump out, it costs me a sacrificial filter. I should really have a 3rd canister on here too.

Top Bottom