dirty attic vs cramped room

• Thread starter legaleyes13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
legaleyes13

legaleyes13

Okay so I've been going back and forth with this and have made vague posts about it in the past... but either way, I want to hear what you guys think about my situation.

I need to decide whether to put a 3x3 veg tent into my cramped flower room or my fairly wide open attic, the problem is that the attic is pretty dirty and ragged, not so bad that I think it would ruin my plants, but I honestly don't wanna take a chance. I don't know much about mold and though it feels like there's good airflow up there, I don't wanna risk it. On the other hand, my small flower room would be pretty damn cramped if I put this tent in there. My tables are already on casters and I'd have to rig this tent up to be on casters...

And... I'd probably be using the attic to dry eventually anyway. I'd probably use the attic for cloning too, but I'm not really worried about my clones being affected because I wouldn't need to vent a clone cab/tent and expose the inside of tent to the not so great conditions of the attic.

But yeah... tent in a very cramped flower room or in a pretty dirty attic. What do you think? Oh yeah, like I said the attic isn't so so filthy, but there's dirt and dust on the floor, the wood doesn't look too good either. The attic is uncleanable.

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

How hot does the attic get? I've been in some pretty hot attics.

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

Why is it "uncleanable"? This doesn't make sense to me... lol

The way it's shaped, I can't really get to every part of the room. The wood is pretty worn and would need to be renovated to fix, cleaning wouldn't really do anything. I can sweep it and will, but the dust and dirt would just fall into cracks in the floor. I think I'm just gonna build a small room made out of panda film around the tent.

Tank333

Tank333

I would definitely recommend building a room out of panda film, or even just 6mil plastic. So much cheaper than panda, and if you've already got the tent... That will help keep things clean though, for sure...

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

I would definitely recommend building a room out of panda film, or even just 6mil plastic. So much cheaper than panda, and if you've already got the tent... That will help keep things clean though, for sure...

Yeah, thanks for pointing out the plastic. I'm kinda stupid for thinking that the outside room had to be made outta panda when I already had a tent.... lol. Regular plastic will be just fine.

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

Do any of you foresee any problems w/ insects or anything? And if so, do you have any ideas on good preventative measures?

Tank333

Tank333

Just make sure to tape your studs before stapling the plastic. It'll help keep the plastic from ripping off...

No help on the bugs though. Sorry! Lol

A

AlterEgo860

wen u hang your plastic. put tape on each side of were ur going to staple.. this helps the plastic from tearing holes in it when any kind of pressure is put on the plastic.. for veg man u don't need a very clean room.. for flower is wat id be worried about if I was using an attic.. but VEG.. nope.

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

wen u hang your plastic. put tape on each side of were ur going to staple.. this helps the plastic from tearing holes in it when any kind of pressure is put on the plastic.. for veg man u don't need a very clean room.. for flower is wat id be worried about if I was using an attic.. but VEG.. nope.

Thanks man

budm

budm

Think about venting/exhausting the humid air out the gables or something. I think I remember reading a thread where someone ruined the ceiling of their house by it absorbing the excess moisture from his attic grow. He said the whole ceiling dropped and had to be replaced.

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

Think about venting/exhausting the humid air out the gables or something. I think I remember reading a thread where someone ruined the ceiling of their house by it absorbing the excess moisture from his attic grow. He said the whole ceiling dropped and had to be replaced.

If anything, I'd probably just throw a dehumidifier up there. Do you think that would do the trick?

Dr.Trichome

Dr.Trichome

Exhaust fans, veg doesn't smell too bad. That way a dehum won't spill/overflow ect. As for bugs.. clean, and spray with insecticidal soap. Then keep spraying perimiter andfloor inside tent ect.it always worked for me.simple cheep and safe. Good luck.

Top Bottom