Disappearing Trichs... Where did they go??

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
So I noticed that my Blackberry OG, (3 of them) now day 35 into flower seems to have missing trichs. What i mean is they seemed to have more earlier on (in flower)and now there fading away. At first i thought that i was tripping, but then i started to think that mabe there was something actually going on.

Ive been battling PM, and treating all my plants with Green Cure. Ive been applying with a Mondi sprayer(pump action with a flow and pressure control) Ive been careful to spary gently with the least amount of pressure but is it possible that the pressure and Green Cure combo can actually fracture trichs and rince them off??

Confu...

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

So I noticed that my Blackberry OG, (3 of them) now day 35 into flower seems to have missing trichs. What i mean is they seemed to have more earlier on (in flower)and now there fading away. At first i thought that i was tripping, but then i started to think that mabe there was something actually going on.

Ive been battling PM, and treating all my plants with Green Cure. Ive been applying with a Mondi sprayer(pump action with a flow and pressure control) Ive been careful to spary gently with the least amount of pressure but is it possible that the pressure and Green Cure combo can actually fracture trichs and rince them off??

Confu...
Well,Are you spraying the flowers too? You should avoid the flowers as much as possible and only spray the leaves!!

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Well,Are you spraying the flowers too? You should avoid the flowers as much as possible and only spray the leaves!!

Good question, I am avoiding the flowers as much as possible, but the trichs im referring to were noticed on the leafs and fan leafs.

Confu...

B

bastard_x

Increase resins by pinching the branches close to the flowers . Gently pinch and bend untill the branch remains slightly bent. by the next day it will straighten back up on its own and fight back by producing more sticky resins. I recently used the technique of cutting the very tips off the water leaves to get the plant to fight back with resins. another trick is add co2 in the final weeks before harvest . I dont have a co2 tank or a propane burner so i sometimes will light a candle in a coffee can to burn out the oxygen in the room or i burn big leaf trim in a ceramic bowl to a smolder and smoke out the room with carbon monoxide (co2). Also have had fantastic results with foxfarm cha ching product using it once only at a quarter recommended strength on the label right before you flush your flowers. Im talking crystals growing out of crystals, and crystals nearly double by 3 days after use if done correctly.

M

mdTHC420

carbon monoxide CO is poisonous and im not sure if its good for the plants. CO2 or DIoxide is good but will still give u a headache in large amnts.

I

ibTheMan

Swear to god, i think you mite have that russian super mite that eat THC. im not maken that shit up, i was shown that there real(guy saw um in michigan from some stuff from cali)and he showed me paper work about them.
you can see um with ah 40x magnifier.
ill get the real name of um later and post it,cause people think there made up but THERE REAL!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
carbon monoxide CO is poisonous and im not sure if its good for the plants. CO2 or DIoxide is good but will still give u a headache in large amnts.
CO (carbon monoxide) is poisonous/deadly to all living things. CO2 will kill O2 breathers like us.

I'm curious, for those who say not to spray the flowers of plants affected by PM--how do you propose the fruiting bodies that can be seen on the flowers be dealt with? How do you prevent further spread, since Greencure is not a systemic and requires physical contact to do its work?

When I treat my girls for PM (gonna have to do it again today) I saturate everything or the PM remains and will continue to fruit.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Swear to god, i think you mite have that russian super mite that eat THC. im not maken that shit up, i was shown that there real(guy saw um in michigan from some stuff from cali)and he showed me paper work about them.
you can see um with ah 40x magnifier.
ill get the real name of um later and post it,cause people think there made up but THERE REAL!

Dude, foreal? I jus woke up but dam thats a rude awakening. Ima check and get back to u.

Confu...

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
CO (carbon monoxide) is poisonous/deadly to all living things. CO2 will kill O2 breathers like us.

I'm curious, for those who say not to spray the flowers of plants affected by PM--how do you propose the fruiting bodies that can be seen on the flowers be dealt with? How do you prevent further spread, since Greencure is not a systemic and requires physical contact to do its work?

When I treat my girls for PM (gonna have to do it again today) I saturate everything or the PM remains and will continue to fruit.

Good morning Sea, glad to c u chime in. So since you completely saturate ur plants with Green Cure, have u ever noticed less/ damaged trichs?

Confu...

I

ibTheMan

Dude, foreal? I jus woke up but dam thats a rude awakening. Ima check and get back to u.

Confu...

Swear to yah, i went to the grow store one day and my boy waz like check out these new Super Mites ( there really not a mite i dont think cause of there missile type shape)
He said he actually saw them, there real, he said they r hard to see but look kinda like a wiggle'n tricone.

i swear to god there real, i couldnt believe what i saw, read, and heard either. (from what im told there from somewhere by Russia)
and sulfur burns is the only thing know to kill um, but from what i was told if you catch um, youll have to burn down to house to get rid of um.

once again this aint bull shit, but they are rare for now.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good morning Sea, glad to c u chime in. So since you completely saturate ur plants with Green Cure, have u ever noticed less/ damaged trichs?

Confu...
No, I sure haven't.

The problem I have is I need tomato cages or something like them to stick in the pots because at this stage of flower the buds weigh *very* heavily already.

Add the foliaring on top of that and it adds up to lots of broken branches. Pain in the ASS it is, I hate having to do a foliar late in flower. Also, I do sog, which means I have at least a couple dozen plants to pull out, spray, and put back in. Fucking pain in the ASS. And the back, I tell you what.

***Confuten, if you're concerned that there is physical damage occurring, whenever you need to handle your girls you should use their own leaves to 'touch' the buds. In other words, grab them so that the leaves are the holders/protectors. I hope that makes sense.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
No, I sure haven't.

The problem I have is I need tomato cages or something like them to stick in the pots because at this stage of flower the buds weigh *very* heavily already.

Add the foliaring on top of that and it adds up to lots of broken branches. Pain in the ASS it is, I hate having to do a foliar late in flower. Also, I do sog, which means I have at least a couple dozen plants to pull out, spray, and put back in. Fucking pain in the ASS. And the back, I tell you what.

***Confuten, if you're concerned that there is physical damage occurring, whenever you need to handle your girls you should use their own leaves to 'touch' the buds. In other words, grab them so that the leaves are the holders/protectors. I hope that makes sense.

I hear u bout the pain in the ass, I have bushes/trees and I have to crawl around on my stomach and knees to spray stuff down, ish gets all over me, when im done i feel like i sprayed myself down 2. Wonder how bad that Green cure is to get on myself??:worried:

I

ibTheMan

There called Russet mites, im about to make ah post with info about um.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Confuten, there are few label precautions except the usual, try not to get it on skin, etc. It's a very safe product to use.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
maybe lamps are to close and could be fryng them?

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Confuten, there are few label precautions except the usual, try not to get it on skin, etc. It's a very safe product to use.

yeah i read it Sea, but even with long sleves when ur soaked in it it defeats the purpose. i assumed it was pretty safe stuff, i jus need to be more safe when using stuff in general. ive been thinkin about this lately. i think ill start a thread about garden safety. like should u wear gloves when mixing chemmy
nutes, how important is eye protectiom from the lights etc. etc.
Confu...

B

Bearsfather

Там Вы идете - это - русские, вторжение, беря под свой контроль Америку, вводя клещей монстра!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I have seen them do this outside after heavy rains. I also had a friend dissolve his trich with neem oil which kind of makes sense since they are oil soluble. I have also read posts where people mixed too strong of iso alcohol solution for mite killing and dissolved some trichs. Did you do any of these things?

This is what a guy named zeus posted on RIU.... I went there in a link in another thread on this site and it happened to be interesting for this thread. I have not seen this routinely as a regular trich development phase though.

I have found that trichomes swell and shrink in cycles. I'm of the belief that you want to harvest when the trichs are at their fullest.

I'm a little confused by the lack of documentation of this in all my favorite grow guides, but this is something that I've observed for quite some time, so I may as well be the one to write about it.

These cycles last anywhere between 3 days to 2 weeks, the first time I took note of this happening I was scared that I had done something to harm my plants. A couple days before the trichomes were standing on end and looking very happy, then all of a sudden they were so small you could barely see them. Imagine my relief when over the next week the trichomes regained their former glory (and then some).

Also I saw a post somewhere where it was a quote of DJ Shorts or Soma and they were saying that trichs can burst if they get too full or over mature.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
I have seen them do this outside after heavy rains. I also had a friend dissolve his trich with neem oil which kind of makes sense since they are oil soluble. I have also read posts where people mixed too strong of iso alcohol solution for mite killing and dissolved some trichs. Did you do any of these things?

This is what a guy named zeus posted on RIU.... I went there in a link in another thread on this site and it happened to be interesting for this thread. I have not seen this routinely as a regular trich development phase though.

I have found that trichomes swell and shrink in cycles. I'm of the belief that you want to harvest when the trichs are at their fullest.

I'm a little confused by the lack of documentation of this in all my favorite grow guides, but this is something that I've observed for quite some time, so I may as well be the one to write about it.

These cycles last anywhere between 3 days to 2 weeks, the first time I took note of this happening I was scared that I had done something to harm my plants. A couple days before the trichomes were standing on end and looking very happy, then all of a sudden they were so small you could barely see them. Imagine my relief when over the next week the trichomes regained their former glory (and then some).

Also I saw a post somewhere where it was a quote of DJ Shorts or Soma and they were saying that trichs can burst if they get too full or over mature.

Tobar, no alcohol, but azamax and green cure yes, doesnt azamax have the same active ingrident as neem?
Neways the rest of your post was very informative (+rep), Ima keep watching out and c how they devlop. thanks mang.

Confu...

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
maybe lamps are to close and could be fryng them?

Yo pimp, wouldnt i have burned leaves 2??

thanks fir chiming in.

Confu...

Top Bottom