6 are in a potting soil manure mix
the other 6 are in a pretty intense mix which includes
- bat guano
- earth worm castings
- dried blood
- manure
- promix
- bonemeal

I water every 2-3 days, have a good airflow(intake and exhaust from room), water comes from the well, occasionally I use Big Bloom maybe every third watering. I have tried to attach 3 photos, they each show leaves which are yellowing, or browning, with burn spots, the pictures are of the tops of plants and the leaf problem is evenly distributed throughout the plant body(including the lower bush and upper buds) the plants height ranges from just under 4' up to 5.5', light cycle is 12on-12off
Any ideas as to what the problem could be?
Thanks

Discoleration and dying leaves
Discoleration and dying leaves 2
Discoleration and dying leaves 3
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The pix are helpful, but more information would be even better. Is there a feeding regimen, or are you relying on the soil mix? What are the temperatures averaging? Relative humidity? (Although that's not a consideration at this moment.) Do you pH the water, or are you focusing on soil food web with the organics you've mentioned above?

How long into flowering are they? Honestly, they don't look so bad, that bit of yellowing, yes, but otherwise they look fairly well-fed and happy.

Oh, maybe this will help you.

Leaf deficiencies
B

Blizzard

Humidity is low, I have a cheap digital gauge which reads 20% and never changes, it may be broken, Temperature ranges, I know it is in the hotter range going from high 70's to mid 80's occasionally peaking into the low 90's at which point I manually vent the heck out of the room...

For the feeding regimen I use Big Bloom, which if you are not familiar with it it is a liquid made from bat guano and earthworm castings, there is no set schedule to the feedings, I tried every other watering, but at the first sign of leaf tip burning I take a break from it, I also dilute the big bloom more than it recommends out of fear of overnutrientationing(<-- new word) them...

So what do you think?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm not sure what to think because of that one leaf, I've never seen that (yet! I still have lots of time). I use Big Bloom, in conjunction with other feeds, it's pretty low on nitrogen.

Since they appear to be about halfway through flowering you could try to give them just a little bit more nitrogen. But if you do BE CAREFUL, don't push it hard or you could really screw up the buds they're setting quite nicely. I would add seaweed/kelp to that mix, too, I wouldn't rely solely on the Big Bud. Hydrolized fish, or even a worm casting tea would be three ways to give a gentle shot of nitrogen, and the kelp and castings will offer some micronutrients as well as fostering soil life.

E

endizm

i just posted a similar post, thank u for the leaf chart!!!!! i will post pics of my flowers and leaves in my thread. it looks like a different deficiency than what 'blizzard' has

S

space101

Hey Seamaiden, where is that chart from? anyway we could get a high resolution or a big as possible version. I want to print it out and hang it in the growroom.

That way I can just glance over and know what I need to add or cut back on before it gets out of hand.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Someone else here posted it, I know not from where it comes. As soon as I saw it I saved it, it's very helpful I think. I also use another leaf deficiency visual, but it's a flow chart.

Leaf trouble chart
B

Blizzard

weight expectancy

I have more questions, The title of this thread does not pertain to it, but I figure I started here and dont want to make a mess of the forum so might as well post it here.
I started the flowering cycle on april 1 so I am 6 weeks into flowering, The supplier of the seeds tells me 8-10 week flowering cycle.
1. what is the typical flowering period length?
2. what can I excpect to see in bud weight gain from here on out(percentage of weight gained in last, lets say 2.5 weeks)?
3. what can I expect to see when its harvest time(distinguishing characteristics of a finished flowering lady)?
I have posted a couple pics, what do you think?

IMAG0124
IMAG0125
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
First thing I think is that had better be some God damn good smoke for buds that look like that. Second thing is that I think you've got at least another four weeks to go, judging from all the new pistils she's popping out. Third thing is that it's difficult to guess weight, for me at least, without seeing the plant and being able to physically touch it. Also, those buds are rather foxtail-y, I haven't found that buds that form that way really pack much weight. However, if that's a very strong Sativa (haven't had coffee yet, can't remember if you said) then she'll probably pack a wallop and will definitely need to go 10-12 weeks. I have girls that only perform well when they've had a good long run.

B

Blizzard

The strain is called white lady, it is a strong sativa with little indica mixed in... It is known to have a clear high with an easy letdown(minimal grogginess)... I am really excited to see the quantity I get out of this, as I am kind of a first timer, have observed quite a few others processes, but never been on my own.... During veg I clipped the tops of the children twice to produce a doubly forked top hoping to minimize any height issues as the cieling is low, and I had to go away twice during this time and did not want them stretching for the skies, however eventually I would love to see them do it. have heard stories of 14 footers, may be like the typical fishing story, extending the height(or length) which each telling ... anywho... I dont quite understand the lingo, what do you mean by foxtaily? and do you have any suggestions for a strain that would be excellent smoke and quantity?

Top Bottom