Discoloration and black spot new grower

• Thread starter WillowTree420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WillowTree420

hello, new grower here I’m growing in ff happy frog soil amended and cooked with earth dust. Some of my plants are showing signs of discoloration and one has a black looking spot on it? Any idea on possible problems causing it?

Discoloration and black spot new grower
Discoloration and black spot new grower 2
Discoloration and black spot new grower 3
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Don't lose sleep over the black spot.

The yellowing of lower leaves could mean your plant wants to be fed, but what are your watering habits? Do those pots get to dry out ever, or do you keep them moist all the time? When have you fed them? The problem could be low N, overwatering, or some combination of the two.

Those early leaves will go, no matter what. They get shaded and the plant just taps into them to take nutrients to other parts of the plant. They will never "green up" again. If the problem doesn't continue to move to leaves higher on the plant, you've fixed the problem.

W

WillowTree420

Don't lose sleep over the black spot.

The yellowing of lower leaves could mean your plant wants to be fed, but what are your watering habits? Do those pots get to dry out ever, or do you keep them moist all the time? When have you fed them? The problem could be low N, overwatering, or some combination of the two.

Those early leaves will go, no matter what. They get shaded and the plant just taps into them to take nutrients to other parts of the plant. They will never "green up" again. If the problem doesn't continue to move to leaves higher on the plant, you've fixed the problem.
I usually let it dry out a bit before re watering. I just watered them again this morning so it was about 3 days but I woke up this morning and they looked a little worse. More black spots and the yellow seems to have spread to the lower fan leaves… Any ideas from these new pics ?

E40516D2 0549 4DED AC86 B505C0B8D1BB
004A219D 2A5F 46EE BFC8 A597873A1A67
BFFF83F2 87AB 405A B68F 31D54B7DAB3C
FA349A02 907A 4896 A474 C742D26322AF
Top Bottom