Discoloration Coming From Inner Leaves?

• Thread starter MisterBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MisterBlue

MisterBlue

hello all,
I have an ice bomb strain and nevilles haze almost 2 months old that have some strange discoloration coming from the inner leaves. The affected areas also feel leathery and are a bit wrinkled as well.. I have 4 plants in a DWC scrog system, but only 2 of them are having these problems.

Feeding them the advanced nutrient line, the complete sensi grow along with general hydroponic's calimagic, since I grow from reverse osmosis water, so part of me has ruled out this could be a cal/mag/iron issue. Ppm is currently at 700. I give them about 30 ml of calimagic for a 16 gallon reservoir. I was also thinking a possible phosphorus def since a lot of pictures I've seen look a bit like the pics below, but I give them half strength of what the bottle says and I feel like that should be plenty.. Which is 120 ml for 16 gallon reservoir. I was thinking this could also maybe be a problem with boron but advanced nutrients claim to have all the boron they need.

pH also usually sits at 5.9, I don't bother with any pH adjusters since I use the pH perfect line. I am out of ideas here people, and I'll post a few pics below. Only one of them is in the actual grow room, the HID lighting ducks with my camera phone.

Any advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Discoloration coming from inner leaves
Discoloration coming from inner leaves 2
ken dog

ken dog

The edges of the leaves are curling up a little... it makes me think it might be a little dry... What's your relative humidity and temperatures?

MisterBlue

MisterBlue

My day time temps usually sit around 80, and night time temps usually around 75. Relative humidity is almost always at 30%.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Kinda low on the rh imo. Would cause a difficiency tho.

ken dog

ken dog

Yeah. ..kinda low.
That probably has a lot to do with what you are seeing. .. because if the stomata are closed because it is too dry, chlorophyll and sugar production pretty much shut down.

ken dog

ken dog

Another thought I had is that maybe it has something to do with your roots... Do you have root hairs coming off of your roots?...if not, that could restrict certain nutrient uptake as well... notably calcium.

MisterBlue

MisterBlue

I took a few pics of the root system of the same plant in the pictures above. The roots aren't exactly bursting with hairs, but as far as smell wise they seem okay. This plant also probobly has the smallest root system out of all the girls.
One pic is how the roots naturally sit in the water, The other pic I pulled up the root ball from the water.

Dunge

Dunge

I would look closely at the "not yet failed" leaf structure to see if the problem is progressive.
It looks to me like there may have been an insult suffered weeks ago that took to now to express so dramatically.
Any way a concentration of P heavy nutrient might have been delivered?
I'm a soil grower, but I have a memory of a like problem that I attributed to an extra glug of high P fish fertilizer in a tea formulation.

MisterBlue

MisterBlue

The plant has been topped twice and most all undergrowth was cut off, so it didn't have too many leaves. Then, with the stunting not much new growth came in and now we're at this... Leaves are crumbling up and dying like it is a burn but all discoloration comes from inward torward the tips, infact most of all my tips are a healthy green but then there's all this nasty spreading out..

MisterBlue

MisterBlue

Well I'm going to put in a little humidifier I got from Walmart for now and see if that helps anything.

And no, both plants have totally stunted. One looks worse than the other, the one of the pics, and that plants new growth tips are totally singed.

ken dog

ken dog

I hope you have success... I might possibly think about treating your root system with the treatment of your choice... I might choose Roots from Cultured Solutions, but I suppose anything would help.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Make sure and calibrate your pH pen and check your pH again. Your pH is a little high try getting it closer to 5.5. And also get your relative humidity up. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?

Top Bottom