Discoloration help

• Thread starter Paypay420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Paypay420

Going on week 6 using a 600w light putting out about 300w. 4x2x4 tent. No ventilation system. Lighting 16/8. Temp and humidity problems. Fan running 24/7. Feeding every other water with fox farm. Last water 6/1 last feed 5/25. First time grower looking for any advice. Thanks
Discoloration help
Discoloration help 2
Discoloration help 3
Discoloration help 4
Discoloration help 5
Discoloration help 6

P

pdx

PDX
Looking like you're overfeeding them. Burnt tips and edge discoloration is screaming too much nitrogen. Cut back a bit on your feeding and I'd even flush the growing medium with some plain water (ph balanced) and wait a week before feeding them again.
Once you get back on feeding, use half dose and don't feed nearly as often I would suggest. However, I'm growing cannabis for the first time so other, more experienced people here may have more insight on how to resolve this.

P

Paypay420

Is there anything else like maybe other nutrients I can add to help them? I just watered 6/1 2 cups per plant. What is a good ph balance that you’d recommend?

London bud

London bud

Looks like a potassium deficiency and over feeding. Adding nutes probably not gonna help. Plain PhD water for a bit I think. You want that at 6.5 in soil

P

pdx

PDX
I try to aim for a ph of 6.2 but I'm not too strict with it. Anywhere from 5.9-6.4 is acceptable for me. Some micro nutrients/trace elements are more readily absorbed by the plant at a lower ph while the macro nutrients seem to be more accessible at the mid ph range (6).
Liquid seaweed is a good additive when watering. All of my plants love it (especially my peppers) and I'm due to have a bottle arrive tomorrow for my cannabis plants.

P

pdx

PDX
Looks like a potassium deficiency and over feeding. Adding nutes probably not gonna help. Plain PhD water for a bit I think
Looking at some examples online I agree; it looks exactly like this.

The liquid seaweed is 0-0-1 so provides some potassium. If you use it as a foliar spray the leaves will absorb it more readily. Too much calcium and nitrogen in the growing medium can lock up the potassium from what I'm reading as well as a poor soil ph. Potassium appears to be absorbed in the root system more easily at a ph of between 6.0 and 7.0 but with hydroponics/coco coir it should be slightly more acidic at 5.5 to 6.5 ph.

London bud

London bud

'
I try to aim for a ph of 6.2 but I'm not too strict with it. Anywhere from 5.9-6.4 is acceptable for me. Some micro nutrients/trace elements are more readily absorbed by the plant at a lower ph while the macro nutrients seem to be more accessible at the mid ph range (6).
Liquid seaweed is a good additive when watering. All of my plants love it (especially my peppers) and I'm due to have a bottle arrive tomorrow for my cannabis plants.

I foliar with seaweed in veg, not to much though. I love the smell after misting with it, it makes the air seem fresher and I think my plants like it which is a bonus, not to much or to often though

P

Paypay420

I am having a hard time learning how to control my ph balance. I can’t get it stable.

P

pdx

PDX
I am having a hard time learning how to control my ph balance. I can’t get it stable.
I currently use Apple Cider Vinegar to bring the ph down and Baking Soda to bring the ph up. I'm incredibly careful with using the baking soda though to the point where I go over the ph im aiming for i will dump the water and try again; baking soda is sodium bicarbonate and extended use leads to sodium buildup in the growing medium.
pH down/up solutions are pretty cheap on Amazon though and I ordered a batch last Friday; it'll arrive tomorrow.

Concerning Apple Cider Vinegar: The acetic acid will break down over the course of 24 hours so your solution will drift back towards what it was prior to adding it.
Lemon juice could be used as well but the citric acid also has the same problem in that it breaks down over about 24 hours and you go back to where you started.
This slow change back to alkaline could be beneficial in some situations I imagine (in the scenario I mentioned in an earlier post about giving your plants micro nutrients)

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

looks like that breed doesnt enjoy high humidity...

why not move a plant close to each other...making sure the leaves overlap.
check back to see if shes breathing correctly.
should see water under the leaf.

Last edited:
P

Paypay420

I have some super sad plants today. Gave them a nice water 8oz each. Looks like 1 male should I remove it now? Any suggestions?

P

pdx

PDX
Keep the male and pollinate one of the girls to get a bunch of your own seed :)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Going on week 6 using a 600w light putting out about 300w. 4x2x4 tent. No ventilation system. Lighting 16/8. Temp and humidity problems. Fan running 24/7. Feeding every other water with fox farm. Last water 6/1 last feed 5/25. First time grower looking for any advice. Thanks View attachment 873537View attachment 873538View attachment 873541View attachment 873542View attachment 873543View attachment 873544

Is there anything else like maybe other nutrients I can add to help them? I just watered 6/1 2 cups per plant. What is a good ph balance that you’d recommend?
Before you start adding things let's get some information:
What medium are you growing in, how are you pHing what you feed and to what are you pHing it to for starts?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm wondering if the plants are depleting the CO2. It's definitely a deficiency. Looking at the plants it look like a respiration issue like @detroitjoe suggested. Could be low CO2, root issues, humidity issues or Ph. Also looks like some heat stress.

You need a ventilation fan or they will die eventually. You may get away with it while they are tiny but not for long.

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

it looks like its getting pretty hot in your tent, and the high humidity may not help at times.

Top Bottom