Discolored Leaves Using Canna A And B

• Thread starter Creswell
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Creswell

Creswell

My 5 week old C99 has some older leaves that look like this- yellow blotches and some burn at the tips, also some curl up at the edges. She's in coco in 10L felt pot, under a 400w cfl (8" clear of leaves) and I EC (under 0.1) and pH check water (to pH6).
I'm adding 7.5+7.5ml canna coco A+B (I had a few days up to 15ml but went back to 7.5ml as leaves started to discolour).
I've read the guides and and photo guide from another site but can't be sure what's going wrong. Any help appreciated!

Discolored leaves using canna a and b
Discolored leaves using canna a and b 2
Discolored leaves using canna a and b 3
Discolored leaves using canna a and b 4
Creswell

Creswell

Just going to crash but will check for any replies tomorrow- cheers

R

Roscoe14

Heat stress can cause an aray of symptems. First thing I noticed was your leafs cupping which is a tell tell sign of heat stress. It can also cause problems with your uptake
Have you given her any cal mag or hydro gaurd? What are your temps with your lights on. I run a 400 h.p.s. in one of my tents with temps in the low 80's to upper 70's and still have to keep my light 12" away. Peace,Roscoe

P

PharmHand

I think Roscoes got ya covered w the
heat and cal issues. I would add that a lack of calcium can actually make a plant less tolerant to heat further exacerbating the cupping

Creswell

Creswell

Many thanks 1diesel1, Roscoe14, and PharmHand- really appreciate your replies.
I don't see any bugs but will check regularly.
I'll increase the height of the lights but that is a bit of a worry for later in the grow!
I checked the hydro nutrient/pH chart and I'm thinking raising the pH to 6.2 might make the calcium in the existing nute solution more available? I don't have hydroguard or calmag.
Maybe I could try one if the above doesn't improve things?

Attachment 1
P

PharmHand

I'll increase the height of the lights but that is a bit of a worry for later in the grow!
I checked the hydro nutrient/pH chart and I'm thinking raising the pH to 6.2 might make the calcium in the existing nute solution more available? I don't have hydroguard or calmag.
That might do it, canna has a decent amount of cal plus I think they actually recommend around 6.2 even for coco. Good luck. Cheers

R

Roscoe14

I use hydrogaurd revulary. It's ry hpful m keeping your cellular strcture healthy. I add a teaspoon per gallon of Epsom salt every other water. That should belp. Peace, Roscoe

stutter

stutter

so what strength are you putting nutes in at? it wasnt clear in your original post

Creswell

Creswell

I use hydrogaurd revulary. It's ry hpful m keeping your cellular strcture healthy. I add a teaspoon per gallon of Epsom salt every other water. That should belp. Peace, Roscoe
Thanks Roscoe- I'm going to research HG and check local suppliers

Creswell

Creswell

so what strength are you putting nutes in at? it wasnt clear in your original post
Hey Stutter- thanks for responding. I'm using Canna A+B nutes. I'm back to 7.5ml of A&B (15ml total) plus 7.5 ml Canna rhizotic per 10 litres tap water (I get 3 waterings from 10L with 10% run off). I've just started watering everyday based on advice on here. Final solution: EC 0.8 and pH 6.2. Temps are between 24-26 C (bit lower at night 21C).

Top Bottom