Diseased/infected Mothers, Clone Slime, Salvage Equipment?

• Thread starter Superbeasto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Superbeasto

Superbeasto

Long story short, I've recently learned that healthy mothers = healthy clones is no BS!

First couple runs of clones rooted great in clone king (aero cloner), plain water, 24/7 spray, transplanted in 14 days. Always cleaned the hell out of the cloners with bleach.

This run, mother WW's (aprox 5 mo old) started showing signs of deficiency/disease in RDWC.

Mom's roots were getting attacked by pathogens, brown slime on pump and filter etc. Tried cloning. Both clone kings turned into slime kings. Cloner without chiller went through erythromycin treatments, pool shock, and the slime continues to ravage. Chilled cloner is holding its own, but no signs of roots in 10 days.

My question for the more experienced: Given how resistant this bacteria is resistant to everything I've thrown at it, should I even attempt salvage my equipment? 4 bucket RDWC (mothers) and the 2-36 clone kings could just as easily be tossed since i'm moving and start over? Have Physan 20, is cleaning again worth my time?

quantumcloud

quantumcloud

Id plant the whole operation 6' under about 100 miles north of home. Sorry to hear bout your troubles.

Superbeasto

Superbeasto

Thanks for the reply. Not a huge issue, just out a few hundred bucks if I toss the cloners and small rdwc set up.

The bacteria never took hold in my flower room thanks to a chiller and bennes.

First time doing SOG/clones so it was a good learning experience. Reading others struggles with bad slime/bacteria is why I'm considering tossing the infected equipment (at least the pumps and tubes) rather than waste my time and try clean.

soserthc1

soserthc1

If the cloner with the chiller was holding its own I wouldn't think it's not cleanable just a temp issue that is helping the bacteria build.
But if it's not a big deal to you then go with the better safe than sorry approach.

Never ran rdwc but from all I have read the people that are meticulously clean have the littlest issues

Superbeasto

Superbeasto

Seems like the lack of cleaning of the RDWC is where I messed up. First couple months I drained, relocated the moms and wiped out buckets once every 2 weeks. After a couple months I said "ahhhh Fu<k it they're just mothers" and just added water/nutes. It only took about 6 weeks of that at 75*F water temps and they were infected.

I will try bleach 12 hours, toss neoprene inserts and then Physan 20 the cloners. Anyone with RDWC experience?

Last edited:
Clepidus

Clepidus

I run a clone king myself and I bleach it Evey third day and replenish my solution as well. Temp was an issue running 24\7 so I found a converted minute timer on eBay for about $12. I have it set to run about 1 minute every 5 minutes and have only lost 2 babies out of several runs. I also switched to a cloning solution called Life by Rx Solutions. 14 days and my little cup is full of roots.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Clean everything with Physan 20
Then bleach it 10% solution, drain, repeat.
Then flush.

For the cloner IMO, a regular analog timer 15 minutes on and 15 off along with some teas will get you right back where you want to be

Good Luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom