Dispensaries and UL/ETL listing

• Thread starter disposition84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

disposition84

Were looking to get more power in our place but the owner doesn't want to spend the 20/30k for a bigger power box. This makes me want to turn to using
flip box to get up to 20k per room instead of 10k.

As per my understanding, all electronic devices need to be up to UL listing. How does ETL listing fit into things though as per code?

I have found some products like Horti-Control boxes that are ETL listed but are not UL listed. Would the ETL listing get us passed inspection? Or does it have to be UL?

The shop is out in Colorado Springs

Thanks

V

velo

Its more or less the same thing. Its a standard that Intertek adopted i think. Most of the standards accept it the same as a UL listing.

S

SoCoMMJ

Flip boxes wont pass.. I have 2 10x20 flips for sale :-)

A custom relay setup will pass if built by a licensed electrician, but it can only flip power prior to the ballasts, not light power out of the ballasts.

It will get you 2x the lights on the same panel and is allowed because it is only possible to light one side at a time. Not sure how much under 20k that will end up by the time it's all done.

In Co Springs, you know that the ballast has to be mounted above the hood, right ? That in itself will eliminate the use of flip boxes because you can't use lamp ext cords.

I just dropped a crap load of cash conforming EVERYTHING so we could get our certificate of occupancy. Regional Building pretty much don't let you do anything that you want to. No extension cords allowed anywhere, etc.

Back to the UL/ETL question... anything you plug in has to have one of those designations. There is a third one I believe too. Put a lot of equipment into the scrap/craigslist pile due to lack of listing.

3 timed 50a 220 power boxes-plug and play
2 10 x 20 flips
Ton of hood lamp sunlight extension cords
$500+ worth of cycle timers
giant tub of extension cords
etc etc

If you want more info, feel free to post, pm, text or call

Latest posts

Top Bottom