Dispensary Medical Accountability

• Thread starter SatansSon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Out here in the pnw we've kept things somewhat lower-key. But there are def those trying to play it like CO, many coming from out of the region. Thing that burns me most is all this talk of 'tax and regulate', fuck that. Tax medicine for sick people, most of whom are already marginalized and fighting to keep their health from the death-grip of big pharma?

That taxing mmj bullshit is just for someone else to steal money from the poor via politics. How bout a 'leave us the fuck alone' campaign, oh right that doesn't generate cash for any rich people.

S

SatansSon

Thankfully, no one I know shops in a dispensary.
Friends don't let friends buy expensive/tainted dispensary weed....ever.

I'm always looking for folks in need to help out with free nug...just to keep them out of these places.

That is the best solution in my opinion too. My wife n friends are now making butter from clean patients trim n sharing it between them. This past season I'm amazed at what I've seen n heard of some the most talented growers I know helping patients grow themselves free. They say if we are gonna go work at McDonald's we'll all be there stoned. I agree greed is the bitch here in this economy doesn't help. Everyone needs herb but no one should pay more for it than coffee really. We guestimated good clean indoor might cost 20 an OZ to produce before wages n outdoor less than 5 an oz depending on the property. Now that it has been decriminalized its time to be devalued n made practically available for everyone.
Glad my house is paid n I just put along with my retirement investments n gossip like my wife! LOL

Skummy

Skummy

Well for your friend being sick and all this complaining about her buying tainted meds and all this bashing of us basement kings and you didnt offer to help her with ”your” clean meds?
Sounds to me like you need to help that friend out instead of bashing growers who haven and will be around longer then any of these centers...

Kinda gets old hearing people complain when they are in the position to help....

S

SatansSon

She refused to get anything from anyone but licensed outfits Guess ya abuse too much meds to read that first post of this thread punk. We offered to help her free all along but didn't want to be a burden cuz we are working class and she is more affluent. Its not hard to see whose using poison because look who gets defensive. I'm almost 70 and my wife in I depend on donated meds for the most part ourselves. I never bashed a single independent or center leashed grower for that matter. Its not the workers in question its their work.

sky high

sky high

Kinda looks like they are helping each other, skummy....which was EXACTLY what the intent of Colorado's MMJ law regarding "caregiverships" was meant to do in the first place. ("Help" meaning assist...not >sell to for a profit< via a warehouse grow and a State-generated monopoly)

Hopefully we will see some sort of movement towards a new day/level playing feild soon...

cus if the State is worried about Black Market weed they need to open their eyes and see that the system that THEY created is what >>>IS<<< fueling the Black Market supply at present...here..and in many other States as well. (it's worth more money everywhere but here and Cali).

s h

Skummy

Skummy

Oh I see... Just hate people bashing us ”basement kings” haha

I agree nothing is worse then seeing people consume harmful meds and pay hard working money for it and in the meantime make their health worse....

Ive been growing before the green rush so I know what it was like before shit ive been to prison for growing..... Just remember.not to put all growers into 1 category when you are upset with these centers because in all reality some of these guys just call their warehouse growing job just that a job! I for one wouldnt grow at a place unless I got paid very good and had 100% control over certain aspects of the grow!
Ive been done dirty twice by family who ive helped setup and run their legal grows and centers... Locked out with no pay... I for one could Cate less if they all shut down but some people need them and with that being said meds should be medical quality!

Hope I didnt piss anyone off have a good day

ColoraDro

Dorje

Dorje

Sad to hear this, I work in the industry running a 200kw in Denver. The only thing that gets sprayed in our flower rooms is Eienstein Oil (until week 4) and Compost Teas. Spraying a good fungal based compost tea weekly greatly reduces the risk of PM. (there are more options than just Eagle 20 people)

I hear MANY cases of irresponsible people spraying their rooms in flower with systemic pesticides and fungicides. It makes me sick..

Another hot topic is the clowns burning sulfur on harvest weeks.... C'mon really?

We need more professionals who have taken classes on IPM's, Pest Management, and yes SUSTAINABILITY.

People who know how to read MSDS, how to apply insecticides, and when not to spray a plant.

Not just basement kings spraying systemics that they cannot even pronounce.

There are growers still in it for the love. Hard to find yes, but their out there.

I hope everything goes well friend. Go get those fuckers.

Love and light.

turbo

I'm sorry but I completely disagree. The issue isn't that these people aren't educated and don't understand what these pesticides are and can't understand the guidelines for applying them. The issue is they will do it anyway to protect their profits. Vertical integration assures this will happen. If our dispensaries were JUST dispensaries and weren't attached to grow ops, then they could be selective and only buy weed (sorry, MMJ) that was grown properly.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

She should sue Chris Romer for drafting 1284. The passing of 1284 is the exact moment in time when the Colorado medical cannabis industry STOPPED being about the patient.

S

SoCoMMJ

Indicating that this is only going on with meds from dispensaries is living with your blinders on. While I have no doubt that you guys are running a clean show, there are a multitude of basement growers across the land are slathering nasty shit all over their flowers. They come in asking for advice on their PM/Mite/Aphid problems, then don't buy it when I tell them to chop, clean up, and start over. They just want to know what to spray on the plants.

It's sick, and not limited to crappy dispensaries by any means.

K

kolah

I gotta agree with SoCo 100%. The dispensary bashing thing gets old, too.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

She should sue Chris Romer for drafting 1284. The passing of 1284 is the exact moment in time when the Colorado medical cannabis industry STOPPED being about the patient.

Bring back the dank to the patients!

Register and vote for amend 64 this November. It will return small growers to the scene as 'independent contractors' who can sell to non-med dispensaries. Of course it won't be pre-1284 (no regulations), but it will allow for better, or the best, meds to get back into the dispensaries.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Black market=no accountability
Open a storefront and start dealin legal on the up and up chargin 60 an 1/8th=ALOT of accountability.
Im curious as to how much liability insurance a dispensary must carry?When lawyers start to sniff around you know theres money somewhere.I know as a contractor i have to have 2 mil and im not selling consumables.I beleive they should be held accountable for the product they are selling just like any other business.If its anything like cali 90% of the dispensaries are making the 10% who do it right look bad.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Bring back the dank to the patients!

Register and vote for amend 64 this November. It will return small growers to the scene as 'independent contractors' who can sell to non-med dispensaries. Of course it won't be pre-1284 (no regulations), but it will allow for better, or the best, meds to get back into the dispensaries.
Nah man, to hell with that noise. Cannabis isn't alcohol. It shouldn't be regulated or treated as such. Alcohol is a deadly toxin. Cannabis is a life giving medicine enjoyed by all of earth's creatures for longer than anyone can remember.

I don't agree with a 15% (+++post 2017) excise tax and hefty licensing fees. Just decriminalize it. Take away the stupid, "ILLEGAL, SCHEDULE 1 NARCOTIC" label, and let it be. No reason to give the government a hand out. No reason to restrict the age limit to 21. No reason to give out DUID tickets left and right to heavy users who ALWAYS have >5 nanograms THC in their systems.

64 has all the same ingredients as 1284. The differences are only semantical.

NO thanks. We can do better.

sky high

sky high

Colorado has been "Decriminialized" for possession of less than an oz. since 1974....

Now we simply need the nod to grow and smoke our own...in our homes/on our property "legally". No plant limits...no weight limits....

but like homebrew beer/wine...AOK to SHARE with friends in the backyard/at dinner/etc... but a complete no-no to sell >>>whatsoever<<<<....for ANYONE

First.....we don't need the circus comin to town yet again via non-med storefronts and money laundering/pushin it out the backdoor crap like we have ala "MMJ" and 1284....

and fuckin A...if ya don't love smokin and growin enough to do it and keep yerself supplied...or yer too >>>stupid<<< to have friends who grow/smoke who will cover you....you don't need to be smoking/buying pot anyway. :rolleyes:

S

SatansSon

Indicating that this is only going on with meds from dispensaries is living with your blinders on. While I have no doubt that you guys are running a clean show, there are a multitude of basement growers across the land are slathering nasty shit all over their flowers. They come in asking for advice on their PM/Mite/Aphid problems, then don't buy it when I tell them to chop, clean up, and start over. They just want to know what to spray on the plants.

It's sick, and not limited to crappy dispensaries by any means.
I gotta agree with SoCo 100%. The dispensary bashing thing gets old, too.

OHHHHHHHHHH OK. So if a pharmacy sells me a poison tainted prescription it has no more liability than a vato down the block selling me oxys? I'm sorry but ya wanna charge out the ass n get greedy on your cute monopolies you are responsible for delivering a safe n clean medicine LEGALLY. If you weren't ready for that you perhaps would have been wise to stay underground. Within a couple years every MMC if any are still operating will be liable to test every product going out the door like any pharma manufacturer and I bet we all see the price change. Not only is it expensive to test clean herbs a lot harder to grow especially when ya remove all the frankenstein hardners n boosters known to cause cell mutatiaons that lead to cancer and your weights drop.......

Wendy's is hiring!

K

kolah

My point is that I do not think ALL dispensaries are selling tainted weed AND not all non-dispensary growers are selling clean and perfect weed. It's a profession like any others and you have good and bad. I have seen and heard of backyard growers and under-grounders selling shit weed and I have heard and seen the shops selling crap as well. There will always be shysters out there and if they are selling shit-weed the word spreads pretty quick. I don't want to see a price increase (make it affordable for everyone) nor do I want to have more bullshit laws about regulations and testing. Leave it up to the individual growers and shops and let them decide whether or not they want to test their products. And BTW, I have no dog in this fight, just my spouted opinions.

One example of regulation bullshit is FDA inspections in restaurants. They let the restaurants know ahead of time when they are coming which gives the owners time to clean things up. How is that "keeping us all safe?" The FDA doesn't give a rats ass that diseased and sick cows get ground up for hamburg either. IMO, more bureaucratic laws are not the answer and are only there to collect money and give a false impression about safety concerns.

For all the MMC shop haters, why not collect some samples from various shops and put them to the test? See how many have molds and test positive for toxic chemicals and check THC levels and then compare with the non-dispensary products. That is really the only way to determine who is selling the shitweed. Other than that everything is just heresay and a lot of endless whining. When people ask the government to "fix" things it usually ends up in a nightmare.

Personally I'd like to see all the growers have a tallied list of all the things they used on their products (soil, hydro, nutes, amendments, insecticides, etc) and have it available to consumers upon request but I'd rather leave that decision be left up to the growers or shops.

S

SatansSon

I hear you. Far from an expert myself. I was once involved in agriculture way back n most the pesticides I've been researching that are being sprayed on herbs by kids nowadays indoors are banned and illegal where I'm from. Whoah.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Nah man, to hell with that noise. Cannabis isn't alcohol. It shouldn't be regulated or treated as such. Alcohol is a deadly toxin. Cannabis is a life giving medicine enjoyed by all of earth's creatures for longer than anyone can remember.

I don't agree with a 15% (+++post 2017) excise tax and hefty licensing fees. Just decriminalize it. Take away the stupid, "ILLEGAL, SCHEDULE 1 NARCOTIC" label, and let it be. No reason to give the government a hand out. No reason to restrict the age limit to 21. No reason to give out DUID tickets left and right to heavy users who ALWAYS have >5 nanograms THC in their systems.

64 has all the same ingredients as 1284. The differences are only semantical.

NO thanks. We can do better.

Hmmm.... where do I begin.....

You don't like 64 because of its marketing slogan "Campaign to Regulate Marijuana like Alcohol". That is like saying you don't like women because some people call them ladies. Are you a woman hater, Bill? More so, if you dig Amend64 completely you can see why they choose to use this slogan. The current MMJ system, if was being marketed would be "The Campaign to Requate Marijuana like a Schedule 1 Drug" .

Amendment 64 calls for a system that is less regulated than the current system - a great example of this is how Independent Growers can sell to the dispensaries, and that their fees for regulatory compliance at capped at $5,000 + inflation. This means any grower that has his shit together can live the dream...

As for the 21 and up issue, that is necessary at this point in time. After the juvenile and child custody courts adjust thier actions and ways, only the can cannabis be sold to those 18+. To ask for any else at this time would be causing parents to lose their children if they got caught up in the court system. That ain't right. Are you suggesting parents lose their children, Bill?

The excise tax you complain about it not that bad. There are taxes on everything, and there are excise taxes on all forms of indulgences currently. Why do you feel cannabis should be treated special? Furthermore, the first $40,000,000.00 of the taxes collected off of non-mmj sales goes to fund public school infrastructure. Are you against helping the schools and children out, Bill?

As for your DUID reference. Amend 64 does not create any new DUID offenses. Infact, I can see that if A64 passes, MMJ patients will be the only people allowed to have 5+ nano-grams in their system.

Top Bottom