Dispenseries?

• Thread starter Franklin P. Nug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Franklin P. Nug

Whats up Maine heads.
I recently got my caregiver card and a question popped into my head. Would it be possible to sell my wares to a dispensary? Or better yet, be a subcontracted employee? From people I have met, the word is that the dispensarys product is pretty crappy and mine could would raise their bar to an unheard of level. I'd also like to help people buy unloading in bulk. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks dudes

Franklin P. Nug

B

BlowsTrees

Franklin,

I have heard the same in reference to the quality of meds in dispensaries. If I had to speculate, I would imagine that production of meds are done like many other things in the State of Maine, old fashioned and traditional.

While the state houses quite a few indoor gardeners, the amount produced is usually personal or small circle at best. Lots of outdoor growing...and usually not in environmentally controlled greenhouses. Additionally, as you know, because of our short season and wet autumn, it results in a massive surplus of premature sub-standard medicine. This is not even considering if the genetics being grown are worth the ground used to plant.

I think as things move along you will see an improvement in the quality of meds available in state. More people are becoming aware of the possibilities of indoor growing and supplying themselves.

That being said, there are also many lazy patients who don't wish to be bothered by indoor gardening or simply cannot undertake the responsibility because of illness. This is where the dispensaries should be filling the gap with quality medicine, but we both know that up to now, it's been questionable at best.

According to the current laws in Maine, you are able to provide a dispensary with medicine and are also legally entitled to compensation for said medicine.
Be that as it may, I'm not sure what a dispensary would deem reasonable compensation considering overhead.

My thoughts are one would be best providing to individual patients/caregivers because the demand is there...plus you have more room for negotiation on price. Not meant to be interpreted as "get as much from the patient as you can" but more that you would be able to reach an agreeable reimbursement amount from that patient while giving them a break on price they would pay from the dispensary at retail. That is unless you have a surplus. Then, I suppose your only option would be to visit your choice of the operating dispensaries in state and see if they are willing to play ball. Worst they can do is pass on the offer.

Nice to see a local thinking along similar lines. Cheers.

R

rickisonline

In my experience a quality caregiver is going to have all they can do to produce the maximum amount of meds a patient is entitled to while following the law. Key word keeps coming up - QUALITY.

Yeah the dispensaries suck, we all know that, which is what makes caregiving so rewarding.

Best wishes with your 6 x 5 :-)

N

ncmaineac

being a caregiver

franklin, have you found patients yet....??? i am still thinking of moving back there ....of all the states the have mmj it seems like i hear the least issues in maine....

ncm

B

Baba booey

Phoenix Tears are the future of medicine friends....spread the word

M

mdanforth

in Maine it is NOT legal to sell to dispensaries....you can give all your excess to the dispensaries but they can't buy it from anyone.....

B

BlowsTrees

Mdanforth, you are absolutely correct.

After further research, turns out I was looking at an older un-finalized version of the bill. Super disappointing though, because preventing caregivers from receiving a reasonable compensation for the quality medicine that these dispensaries clearly are in need of...keeps them and in turn quality meds away.

Also seems unreasonable to require your own patients to compensate you but the other patients get a free ride...or really...the dispensaries get free income revenue off of the hard work/costs of a caregiver.

Thanks for the clarification bud.

R

rickisonline

Mdanforth, you are absolutely correct.

After further research, turns out I was looking at an older un-finalized version of the bill. Super disappointing though, because preventing caregivers from receiving a reasonable compensation for the quality medicine that these dispensaries clearly are in need of...keeps them and in turn quality meds away.

Also seems unreasonable to require your own patients to compensate you but the other patients get a free ride...or really...the dispensaries get free income revenue off of the hard work/costs of a caregiver.

Thanks for the clarification bud.

This conversation has become extremely interesting. The govt. can mandate prices paid to a farmer for milk but it seems that we cannot get the caregivers and dispensaries to work with one another (and patients growing on their own that have excess). Something is terribly wrong here. The thing is, that even the Maine Milk Commission grades the milk and sets standards. It seems that we can do a lot better to avoid excess being used for recreational purposes by unlicensed users.

Here is a link to the Maine Milk Commission and the authority they operate under:

The Commission establishes minimum milk prices, monthly, for milk sold in gallons (the price also applies to quarts through 20-quart containers). The price per gallon established by the Commission is based on the Market Administrator’s price announcements; however, the Commission has the authority to add special premiums to the price based on market conditions in southern New England.

Here is a link to the mandated and historical prices

We just swung by the dispensary in Auburn. Both of us cardholders. Were not permitted to enter, greeted by a guy that looked really nervous and hostile. We could see into the store from where we were standing in the double entrance. It looked like a dumpy jewelry store. Everything tucked away out of site in lit cases. The carpet stunk. You know, that smell of wet carpet with dog shit on it? I hope that wasn't the meds I was smelling! Anyway, was really disappointed all the way around. Not inviting at all.

M

mdanforth

the dispensary in auburn doesn't have any meds and aren't taking new patients till January 1....I'm guessing they won't have any meds then either......

C

crispy

i know the dispensary owners are trying to make it so they can buy from us finger crossed!!

U

UnitedWeStand

That would be dope. Its real cheap to live in Maine as well, and there seems to be the least volatility regarding the medical laws.

That's until the alphabet boys send their "nice please shutdown all dispensaries immediately or else" letter :/

N

norm

id say look into giving them all your meds for free,

and then take a donation for helping out with a good cause

G

ganjherbsmoke

good luck guys

out here we used to be able to sell to stores
and then they took it away fro us

and then the stores started pumping out so much that the prices dropped by over a 1k a pound

so right now you guys will be controlling the price and im not saying going to town and charge a ton but just be glad you guys dont have hundreds of stores depreciating the value of good cannabis and making it hard to sell top shelf to people around here unless you wanna do it for 175 an oz lol

B

Baba booey

I think Maine needs to be able to seriously control QUALITY, if you don't have the know how, funds, ambition, time, space etc.. to be able to grow the finest indoor in the region, you shouldn't be allowed to grow it. There needs to be QA on this front, I have seen so many "caregivers" who grow marginal medicine AT BEST, this has to stop. Find a good, LOCAL and trustworthy caregiver that provides the best on the east coast, dispensaries are a joke.

I do like norms approach...we take donations!!!

BioNik

BioNik

You could always just grow your own. I carry TGA Genetics and am in Maine. You can find me on their website.

R

RS remedys

You could always just grow your own. I carry TGA Genetics and am in Maine. You can find me on their website.
I have been wanting to run some TGA gear for a few months now what part of Maine are you from?

Latest posts

Top Bottom