Dispensery Buds

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

I was tired of smoking the same thing everyday so I went to the weed store. I bought 1 gram of what they said was their strongest flower. They call it hulkberry and man does it taste good. They claim 27 percent THC. But for some reason it takes 3 tokes to get the same effect as one toke of any of my homegrown strains. WTF are they just adding fake terps to midgrade crap?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Anythings possible when it comes to retail bullshit.. I've heard stories.. theres supposed to be systems in place but lol..

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I know for a fact they can and do have "portions" of their crops tested and just because something tested out at 27% in a lab somewhere doesn't mean the shit they're selling you is 27%. The biggest scam here is they don't properly cure their buds at most commercial ops. There's no time for that..

growsince79

growsince79

I know for a fact they can and do have "portions" of their crops tested and just because something tested out at 27% in a lab somewhere doesn't mean the shit they're selling you is 27%. The biggest scam here is they don't properly cure their buds at most commercial ops. There's no time for that..
For $15 a gram you would think it should be potent. I can't imagine what the $5 grams are like or who would even buy it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

When I “donated” to the medical dispensary they wanted only my smallest and frostiest bud to send to the lab. Higher thc content with less plant matter.

They simply label the whole pound with those padded results.

And most commercial grows will cut early to get more crops in per year. And all I have tried were over fertilized and i suspect sprayed for bugs in flower.

You can taste it in the flowers but not the concentrates in my experience.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
When I “donated” to the medical dispensary they wanted only my smallest and frostiest bud to send to the lab. Higher thc content with less plant matter.

They simply label the whole pound with those padded results.

And most commercial grows will cut early to get more crops in per year. And all I have tried were over fertilized and i suspect sprayed for bugs in flower.

You can taste it in the flowers but not the concentrates in my experience.

You are 100% correct! I've seen it in several ops I've worked for, and my friend who owns Marisol will tell you this is common practice.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
For $15 a gram you would think it should be potent. I can't imagine what the $5 grams are like or who would even buy it.

We have a recreational dispensary here that sells every strain, no matter how much you buy, for $20 a gram. Yes even if you want an OZ, you'll pay roughly 560 bucks.

growsince79

growsince79

We have a recreational dispensary here that sells every strain, no matter how much you buy, for $20 a gram. Yes even if you want an OZ, you'll pay roughly 560 bucks.
That's crazy. What state? Oklahoma only has medical and theirs lots of places selling $100oz. I haven't tried it and it's probably garbage. I think the supposed top shelf $15 grams ell for 250-300 oz.

growsince79

growsince79

Flavor and potency are not related. Some very tasty strains are weak, and some of the strongest strains I've smoked taste like cat piss or nasty pine trees.
True,but why does everything at the store always taste the same,and every plant I grow has its own unique flavor? And what's up with all the add for bottled terps? Me thinks the stores are putting it on their midgrade crap and calling it top shelf.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
True,but why does everything at the store always taste the same,and every plant I grow has its own unique flavor? And what's up with all the add for bottled terps? Me thinks the stores are putting it on their midgrade crap and calling it top shelf.

A lot probably has to do with rushed overproduction. The dispensary here sold almost exclusively old weed, like at least 1 year old, because there is such a surplus of supply. So I could see them maybe adding some Terps back to enhance the flavour of old product.. And that might explain the unimpressive potency.

Either way, buying from a dispensary you are getting mass produced flower grown solely for making profit. A lot of corners are cut and cheats taken to get that weed to market.

Latest posts

Top Bottom