Disposing Of Stems

• Thread starter StonedBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I cant compost. I need a way to get rid of stems ect after harvest. What do you do?
Could you use garbage disposal after they dry out some?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I burn them in a big fire i put them in a trash bag when dry and toss them in a nice hot fire
think if u use your sink u will burn it up real fast might not be a week or 2 but it will happen a lot faster could u crush them in to powder?

str8smokn

str8smokn

I would not suggest burning them if your not in a friendly state.
Put em in a trash bag and discard In a gas station trash can or find a house being built and use their trash or mix in their burn pile.
You will ruin a garbage disposal the first time you try it, plus clog you drain.
Lol
STR8

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I time my harvests 3 days before garbage pick up. I put my dogs poop in the leaf/stem bags. I have 2 rotties that are about 150#@. They shot 3x more than I do. Have fun digging thru poopy leaves and stems. I'm also in a legal state.

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

I time my harvests 3 days before garbage pick up. I put my dogs poop in the leaf/stem bags. I have 2 rotties that are about 150#@. They shot 3x more than I do. Have fun digging thru poopy leaves and stems. I'm also in a legal state.
Ok, but I think the op was looking for advice!
:cry:
Stems are a difficult one without burning or composting!

Natural

Natural

You should start a hemp paper biz on etzy.
haha...good one homesteader!
I cut them into little pieces and triple wrap them in deodorized garbage bags and put it out on the street an hour or so before pick up and watch it go into the truck.. Just make sure the garbage man can't get a whif of anything

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Tie them up good in a lawn bag.. Then after 7 pm at night take them to your local oil change place (speedlube) (greasemonley)(lubestop)and throw them in the dumpster. Reshuffle a couple bags to move towards bottom if you want.
They pick the trash up pre 7am with truck. They never even get out of the truck.. Even if the bag ripped open it would be landfill before it was noticed and they would have no idea where it came from. Throw other grass clippings in and I never see you having a problem...

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
The only problem with dumpsters is that if a cop happens by or is where you can't see him and you are observed, they will stop and investigate. Especially around here.
I have been throwing them in a field at night in the middle of nowhere. But I was hoping i might find a good way to avoid transporting on road

keiksweat

keiksweat

The only problem with dumpsters is that if a cop happens by or is where you can't see him and you are observed, they will stop and investigate. Especially around here.
I have been throwing them in a field at night in the middle of nowhere. But I was hoping i might find a good way to avoid transporting on road
Dig a hole.throw em in and cover...forgetaboutit...

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I cant compost. I need a way to get rid of stems ect after harvest. What do you do?
Could you use garbage disposal after they dry out some?
Don't let em dry out as theyr even harder to deal with.get a plastic bag and cut them into inch long strips while theyr still nice n wet then put em in someone else's wheelie bin on bin day.well that's what I do.sometimes I use my own bin.lol.never had any probs that way but trying to dispose of em wen dry is a major pain in the rectum

S

SaltSpring

I'm friends with a gentleman who owns three garbage business, he just explained how all his trucks have cameras recording what is dumped in each truck. The cameras record the house location, picture of can with number on it and video of contents being dumped into the truck.
He said the police always look through his truck videos when the sorters ( at the dump )find something illegal.
I have a deal with a friend who has a tree company, he personally comes by when it's time and we run them all through the chipper with some pine branches at the same time, works like a charm.

Freshone

Freshone

I'm friends with a gentleman who owns three garbage business, he just explained how all his trucks have cameras recording what is dumped in each truck. The cameras record the house location, picture of can with number on it and video of contents being dumped into the truck.
He said the police always look through his truck videos when the sorters ( at the dump )find something illegal.
I have a deal with a friend who has a tree company, he personally comes by when it's time and we run them all through the chipper with some pine branches at the same time, works like a charm.
What next?cameras in your toilet for when you take a dump?geez.

S

SaltSpring

All of his trucks where required by some law. I will ask if it was city ordinances or new state requirements.
Believe me, he wouldn't have done it unless big government made him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom