Distance between vert lights for trees?

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Widowmaker

Widowmaker

doubleds used 1000W on 40" centers. He had been growing his G13 for a decade and new exactly how it would grow.
Nice Budz

patriots333

patriots333

here is a diff pic same room 10 k 20 plnts 12 pack , switched to scrog and xxxl hoods....want more

J

Jalisco Kid

He was shown better rooms and adjusted. 40" centers just do not grow real trees. where to you put a 5' branch on 40" centers?That space is ok for some ogs or smaller plants. You center your lights for the strains you want to grow. JK

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

Our 18k vert room is on 55" centers with 48" square cages hung from the ceiling (cages around the plants NOT the bulb). Tried that...uggh

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Our 18k vert room is on 55" centers with 48" square cages hung from the ceiling (cages around the plants NOT the bulb). Tried that...uggh

We build cages around the bulbs using chicken wire. We had a way over grown run with 48 in centers and the football looking cages let the plants push them around. It worked pretty good. Now we are on 50-55 in centers there's no need, other than keeping from getting burned. One of my guys took a bulb to the cheek. We have all got burned one way or another from the sun. I got the top of my head. Man that sucks. Best wishes

vangs

vangs

60" - 72"
hey man you got any grows on this site where i can check out ur plants. i wanted to go with 40in cneters between my plants but assumed it was too far and then i saw your reply and now im wondering if i should re evaluate. help will be great thanks.

vangs

vangs

@vangs this is 48" centers. Still killed it time and again in this room, but better to have 60".

View attachment 494485

Here is 72" centers with a 1kw 7500k ultrasun MH over a 600w philips SE HPS:

View attachment 494486
damn.. i normally grow 4 plants under 1k in 15g pots (c0c0) but now we decided to go vertical, 36 plant flower room, 3 rows of 12. and we decided to do 4-5weeks veg and then flower in 20g pots vertical 1k bulbs, and i thought 40in was too much.. we are trying diffrent strains so that needs to get dialed in but what would you recommend for that? you thinking 50in? i also was gunna add supplement light for the end rows with gavitas..

vangs

vangs

@vangs this is 48" centers. Still killed it time and again in this room, but better to have 60".

View attachment 494485

View attachment 494486

if you dont mind me asking, the picture with the 72in center, how do you train the plant to grow out lik that? im used to growing with a scrog net. do you top your plants at all? whats ur technique to getting them to bush out wide?

T

Tree Guru

When growing trees, vegging with vert bulbs, the plant will naturally grow more lateral towards the lights, creating that bushed out appearance your looking for!

S

Seed Buyer

I would like to see some of you vert growers incorporate some of the LEC 315 lamps into a grow. I think those lamps hung vertically might be killer.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

@vangs

View attachment 494486

Wait whaaaa? Cap can you very much please run that by me again and in english this time lol...

Naw but seriously tho is there a way you can plz explain what you did here? Was it just the single tree or a whole room???? How did you have a thowi above a sixer that's what has me lost??? How many lights all together and what was the placement of the lights vs plants other than 72" ???

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Funkadelic that was a mix of coco and perlite, or sunshine #4.. I ran 3 of each in that room with RDWC plants in the center.

@KiLoEleMeNt there were 12 trees in that room and I used 7 custom built fixtures to light each plant up on either 3 or 2 sides depending on where in the room they were. That plant pictured was an outside plant and got light from 2 sides.

Top Bottom